Swarlz

Quoted from N/A

sounds shit

Everything must sound shit when you have ears made of poop
HAHAHAHAH!HAH

lol at everyone studying at shitty universities

FIR

SnG

Depending on my results in June, I might be going to the University of Sheffield :D

beta

RaWr ::

Unfortunately, this was tried in the past and failed, I don’t see how it would work now

Last edited by beta,

Swarlz

Quoted from beta

Unfortunately, this was tried in the past and failed, I don’t see how it would work now

Why?

Edd

T2P

inb4 york uni teabags everyone )))

beta

RaWr ::

Quoted from Swarlz

[…]
Why?

First key example:

How do you propose teams will be created? Who will run these teams and so on.

This will be a quick hype then probably fall away. There was a university league started ages ago for CS, that died away. Infact, there was one for registered internet cafes also, that died away!

I know as I played in all of them ! :D

Last edited by beta,

Bury.

internecine

any ‘ullonians (hull) add moi 8)

Last edited by Bury.,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from GibbZ

[…]

Because of elitism.

lol’d

nuel josh

Quoted from beta

[…]

First key example:

How do you propose teams will be created? Who will run these teams and so on.

This will be a quick hype then probably fall away. There was a university league started ages ago for CS, that died away. Infact, there was one for registered internet cafes also, that died away!

I know as I played in all of them ! :D

Surprisingly I’m going to disagree :P

There’s plenty things that are a similar idea are tried then fail, but eventually one works. I guess there’s been plenty of leagues, teams, news sites in the past but the good ones stick around.

The team at the NUEL is pretty diverse in the gaming sense, we’ve got people from all different games that’ve been around the block a few times, this ranges from people playing at a fairly competitive standard to those who’ve run gaming societies. So there’s plenty of different idea’s been thrown around to keep this going. Plus up until the beginning of the next academic year we are testing things out ready to start rolling some more concrete ideas for next year.

As for the teams, this could vary but we haven’t particularly decided on a fixed idea yet. Quite a few uni’s have gaming societies that are elected and accountable so the teams could be run through that, or we could do something similar to what we are doing for these cups and just let people find each other to arrange themselves, the likely outcome could be something in the middle. We need to see what the community best responds to first.

ilike2spin

RLM

Imperial College here, maybe go for a london universities team instead? Is that allowed?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »