Forum

UK University TF2 Cup

Created 18th April 2011 @ 14:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

nuel josh

http://thenuel.comThe National University eSports League[/url] (the NUEL) is a new organisation that aims to create tournaments and a community for gamers at university in the UK, to do this we giving gamers the opportunity to represent their uni at eSports.

As gamers we want the eSports and the gaming scene to grow in the UK and we thought this would be a pretty cool idea. We want to try it out so we are running a BETA period until the beginning of the next academic year. Once we’ve hit the ground running the possibilities are endless, we want to work towards running a seasonal tournament each year where we can crown the best TF2 university in the UK at a LAN finals, but first we have to work on getting the basics right!

We would like the UK TF2 community to be a part of this.

To kick things off we’re running a TF2 One Night Cup on Wednesday 4th May. If you interested then check out our website http://thenuel.comhttp://www.thenuel.com[/url%5D

A quick breakdown of our rules:

* Teams must consist of UK students from the same University – you can find players/teams at our TF2 forums
* 6v6, 1 Medic, 1 Demoman, 1 Heavy, other classes limited to 2
* Vanilla + med unlocks
* First round starts at 19:00 GMT

You can find us on IRC (#nuel on quakenet), at our facebook and twitter too. We are running similar tournaments for SC2, HoN, CSS, DotA and CoD4.

Any feedback, suggestions and/or questions are more than welcome!

Last edited by nuel josh,

Swarlz

Newcastle Univeristy checking in, this is fuuucking awesooome

rtan

-9w-

awesome idea.

i await a rsamd squad

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

ffs why am i too dumb to get into uni

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

please no. Ive seen manchester uni gaming soc playing tf2 on pub and oh god.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Sounds awsome, shame im five years past it now :(

nuel josh

Quoted from GibbZ

please no. Ive seen manchester uni gaming soc playing tf2 on pub and oh god.

You don’t have to play with the gaming soc! I’m sure you can find 5 five players at machester ;)

Swarlz

Quoted from Black_Bob

Sounds awsome, shame im five years past it now :(

alumni alllowed

Biohazard

IDK

Nottingham Trent here, got another c*nt sitting next to me, might try and find few more. In fact there is three of us already

Willow

.:ne:.

Christ no. A couple of my coursemates at Surrey play TF2 and I actually start raging when they talk about how they can just about rocket jump onto crates at Granary mid but don’t understand how people can jump up to spire from stone bridge on Badlands.

And another of them is in a different .:ne:. team, but they were desperate for a scout :p

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

Quoted from rtan

awesome idea.

i await a rsamd squad

HAHAHAHAHA

kuma

Quoted from Swarlz

[…]

alumni alllowed

sick