Forum

TF2 @ DREAMHACK - ONLINE PETITION

Created 1st December 2010 @ 11:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 22 Next »

ashkan

Quoted from fisk

[…]

oh yeah, totally forgot about that one, your right, my bad :)

You don’t argue with Darn about anything alcohol-related. You just don’t.

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

You don’t argue with Darn about anything alcohol-related. You just don’t.

Well I didn’t know the hotel had an open bar but knowing darn stayed there last winter I’ll take his word for it :P

Last edited by fisk,

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from fisk

[…]

Well I didn’t know the hotel had an open bar but knowing darn stayed there last winter I’ll take his word for it :P

did not stay there, well i did.. but was sleeping at appes friend

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from Darn

[…]

did not stay there, well i did.. but was sleeping at appes friend

well obviously you were there some time during the event :D

Wiiking

stfu fisk stop being so negative!!!!!!!

ashkan

Quoted from fisk

[…]

well obviously you were there some time during the event :D

He could probably just smell the booze from Elmia…

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from Wiiking

stfu fisk stop being so negative!!!!!!!

:) After what DH did to the last TF2-tourney I seriously doubt this will be much better (you know exactly what I mean), I’m just giving heads up to people so they don’t expect the most epic thing ever. However, I’m very positive to the work being done by some people to get this thing going even though I would personally prefer TCL2.

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

He could probably just smell the booze from Elmia…

smelling anything else than fresh air after coming out of that box of sweat should be a crime to human nature… :D

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from fisk

[…]

:) After what DH did to the last TF2-tourney I seriously doubt this will be much better (you know exactly what I mean), I’m just giving heads up to people so they don’t expect the most epic thing ever. However, I’m very positive to the work being done by some people to get this thing going even though I would personally prefer TCL2.

The fact Dreamhack is so high profile is going to open up doors for tf2 that another community lan couldn’t. Trust me on this, all Dreamhack need to do is host our tournament, give us a bit of prize money and leave the rest to TF2. As said above, Dunc has some amazing plans afoot, if pulled off will make this the best and most unique thing the gaming world has seen in a while ;).

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Ottoo

Tell us moar about these plans plox

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

The fact Dreamhack is so high profile is going to open up doors for tf2 that another community lan couldn’t. Trust me on this, all Dreamhack need to do is host our tournament, give us a bit of prize money and leave the rest to TF2. As said above, Dunc has some amazing plans afoot, if pulled off will make this the best and most unique thing the gaming world has seen in a while ;).

your asking for too much :/. Tbh the best thing is if we host the tourney ourselfs (which I am pretty sure DH will tell us if they allow us a prizepot aswell.. They outsource all tournament-hosting if I remember correct). What worries me is if they neglect TF2 again, even though they gave promises to support the previous TF2-tourney they spat in our faces and put on some replay of an old CS-movie instead of giving us room. Btw, this was on the smallest bigscreen in a corner of the smallest hall on the event, not _all_ bigscreens… Not the biggest one or the medium ones, we just wanted the smallest one where noone went anyway. And we get a replay of a CS-movie. Not to mention they did _promise_ us this and a private person invested time and money to hosting and paying out prize pot. woopdidoo, you understand why I don’t expect much from DH? :)

Edit: but with all this said, I do really support the initiative and I fully agree with you that if DH does support TF2 fully then we will benefit greatly from it. The problem for me isn’t ‘you’, it’s DH. I guess we’ll know for sure if they’re good or bad guys once the event is over.

Last edited by fisk,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Well by them hosting it i meant them allowing us inside the building to play tf2 and giving us some servers ^_^. But Yeah it’ll be us tf2 people running/admining the tournament so neigh problems there. We shall await brother Duncans final word!

fisk

KiH
KiH

Wouldn’t be so sure about that server support just so you know, from what I can remember they have very little server support overall at the tourneys and generally lets the tournament hoster themselfs sort that problem out somehow… just a heads up so you check/sort that problem out pre-tourney instead of standing there at the event with that problem.

nvc

Quoted from fisk

Wouldn’t be so sure about that server support just so you know, from what I can remember they have very little server support overall at the tourneys and generally lets the tournament hoster themselfs sort that problem out somehow… just a heads up so you check/sort that problem out pre-tourney instead of standing there at the event with that problem.

We had people for leveluptv on site covering the event, the quake live administration was great.

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from nvc

[…]

We had people for leveluptv on site covering the event, the quake live administration was great.

Was that DHs own crew tho or was that someone else? As I said, afaik they outsource all their tournaments to others, atleast thats how it used to be.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 22 Next »