Forum

[S11] Unlocks Feedback Thread!

Created 15th January 2012 @ 13:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 Next »

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Can’t blame them really, when some arbitrary unimportant weapon is the worst people are complaining about.

It’s so refreshing to see admins interested in the feedback provided by the community, especially if that interest expresses itself in a condescending manner.

Spike Himself

TC

I didn’t say they weren’t interested though, don’t twist my words around :(

herpderp

DAKKA

I didn’t say they weren’t interested though, don’t twist my words around :(

Still not interested enough to actually respond to questions raised by the community in any way other than through the opinions of individual admins.

I would not dream of twisting your words either, especially when it isn’t needed. The inaction by the admin team to formulate a response speaks volumes about the level of interest the admins have in this particular subject.

Last edited by herpderp,

lol spike, moonwalk and delete the thread

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Chaplain

At the very least that would be a confirmation that feedback from the community is not appreciated on this particular subject. A response of sorts, but through actions rather than words.

AnimaL

i do love when racio or who ever is the main admin keeps reminding me that “we listen to your feedback”

here is topic of gazillion pages with normal discussion of why original should be unbanned and only thing admins come here to say is “lul mad?!”

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Still not interested enough to actually respond to questions raised by the community in any way other than through the opinions of individual admins.

Rest assured, this is an every day point of discussion in the admin channel too :)

Quoted from Chaplain

I almost thought I had!
Then I realised I was looking at my local dev copy of a few weeks old xD

Also, some friendly folks on Steam have pointed out to me that whatever I post will be considered the admin team’s opinion, regardless of me clearly stating it isn’t. I would like to point out I’m only a dumb forum user and my posts represent my own personal opinion, and not that of ETF2L. Apologies for the confusion :(

Last edited by Spike Himself,

herpderp

DAKKA

[…]

Rest assured, this is an every day point of discussion in the admin channel too :)

I guess I can appreciate that atleast something is being discussed by the admin team.

Out of context Dutch observation : Geen persoonlijke belediging bedoeld, maar ‘t is net of ik met een Gemeente Ambtenaar zit te ruziën over waarom mijn stemkaart naar een adres gestuurd wordt waar helemaal geen brievenbus staat, maar goed :P

Beef

Dawson

the wheels of democracy take time to turn.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Beef

the wheels of democracy take time to turn.

Some of the wheels seem to be making more rotations than the others though.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Spike isn’t an actual admin, he just fixes broken things on the website.

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Some of the wheels seem to be making more rotations than the others though.

Not sure what you mean. Depends on the size of the wheel, I think.

I’m also not sure what you want to hear from us. Some of us agree with allowing it, some don’t agree, some are undecided and some don’t care. I don’t think we will change the whitelist at all for the duration of the season (unless new hats of course). It’s much more likely we will allow the original in Season 12, assuming its behaviour doesn’t change between now and then.

Daleth raised a good point – there is no admin dedicated to being a spokesperson. More often than not I’m the one to write newsposts or speak on behalf of the admin team, but I think the community would prefer I spend my time on more important things (like prizes, sponsors, money, etc.) than this.

If you think you would be good at speaking on our behalf, I’d gladly read your application email.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Crasp

[…]
I’m also not sure what you want to hear from us. Some of us agree with allowing it, some don’t agree, some are undecided and some don’t care. I don’t think we will change the whitelist at all for the duration of the season (unless new hats of course). It’s much more likely we will allow the original in Season 12, assuming its behaviour doesn’t change between now and then.

This paragraph is roughly in line with what I expected as a response. Though I admit I did not expect it would take twisting a political saying to get it, or that it would show up in this form and this soon after the comment was made, but I’ll take my blessings where I can get them I guess.

I wasn’t aiming for a statement in favour of or against the Original, but it is frustrating to give feedback to an entity that isn’t communicating it’s processes in return. One is never sure if one is on the same page as the entity one is communicating with.

In part it is also frustration to some degree that feedback from the community that is formed in a manner that can be interpreted as insulting towards the entity it is directed at is met with swifter response than feedback that is formulated in a normal manner.

I’m not trying to say that you should not moderate to keep the discussions civil, but when you spend more time responding to the former variety (whether in a moderating way or in a way that actually addresses the content of the comment) people might take that to mean that one has to formulate his feedback in a certain way to receive a response which leads to requiring more moderation leaving even less time to properly engage the community in the discussion it’s trying to have. This blame can’t be put on the admins entirely, but looking at the past discussions I can’t say that admins have always acted in a way to improve the situation.

And to respond to the content of the paragraph itself, one wonders that if there is no objection to allowing it in S12 then why wasn’t it allowed for S11. But I’m quite sure you are aware that that point is arguable by turning it around and I understand that changing a rule mid-season brings al sorts of extra complications with them so I won’t press that point.

Daleth raised a good point – there is no admin dedicated to being a spokesperson. More often than not I’m the one to write newsposts or speak on behalf of the admin team, but I think the community would prefer I spend my time on more important things (like prizes, sponsors, money, etc.) than this.

This I think this is part of the flaw ( I have my own ideas on how that can be improved upon, but I’d rather share them through other channels, I don’t want to create a venue where my ideas are used to voice displeasure with the admin team ). We are of course appreciative as a community for the time you spend on ETF2L, and my posts were not meant as a personal attack on you or any of the other admins (though I don’t believe they were received as such considering the nature of your reply).

Not sure what you mean. Depends on the size of the wheel, I think.

Ask me later about this one.

If you think you would be good at speaking on our behalf, I’d gladly read your application email.

I shall move to form a exploratory commission to investigate the possibility immediately.

Last edited by herpderp,

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Crasp

It’s much more likely we will allow the original in Season 12, assuming its behaviour doesn’t change between now and then.

How come? What will change by then? As you say, assuming its behaviour remains unchanged, then it kinda just seems silly that the decision wasn’t taken to allow it already this season then, and atleast shut the QQ up so you can go back to your organising of sponsors and prizes and whatever else ;)

I realise now obviously you are unlikely to change it as matches have been played (albeit few, and it probably wouldn’t change the outcome at all but okay, still, it’s the usual not to change things mid-season).

Or was this a “I am not representative of the admin team” comment? :D

Setlet

I wouldnt mind unlocks unless these unlocks were in the game: blatantly op ones, the ones banned in previous seasons and Bonk, Equalizer and Sandvich.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 Next »