Forum

Points from ETF2L games; A suggestion

Created 18th October 2011 @ 11:12

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

grimbar

Quoted from Permzilla

People knowing what the rules are doesn’t make it fair. Losing 4-5 4-5 over 2 maps you get 0 points. That’s unfair imo.

Loss is loss, whether it’s by 1 round or 10. You don’t go into an official without knowing when it’ll end, it’s either 30 minutes or windifference 5.

So yes it is fair since you know what you have to do in order to win – simples

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from grimbar

[…]

Loss is loss, whether it’s by 1 round or 10. You don’t go into an official without knowing when it’ll end, it’s either 30 minutes or windifference 5.

So yes it is fair since you know what you have to do in order to win – simples

Fair enough that’s your opinion, but I don’t agree ;)

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

People knowing what the rules are doesn’t make it fair. Losing 4-5 4-5 over 2 maps you get 0 points. That’s unfair imo.

Same as the EPL and almost every other sporting league in the world.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Not really, it is not unfair. Losing team didn’t do well enough and that’s why they are on the losing side, period. You want to win matches, not get as many rounds as you can. I’d love if all this turned into a discussion about pros and cons of different winning/point awarding possibilities, not just ‘this is meh, that is cool, so we use it’ again.

Quoted from FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

how would round difference work with gravelpit etc. ?

2-0, losers get 0, 2-1, losers get something. I find such issues to be simple to solve once we get to discussing details, but let’s not do it before we decide on a single idea, okay?

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

I can’t see this being unfair. Its like were giving points for trying?

Imagine this in like football if you lose 2-1 in the 94th minute then that’s just the game. You didn’t try hard enough or did something wrong. If you lose you lose because your not the better team surely?

If you wanted to give points out then maybe you should consider giving bonus points out . Like in Rugby(Union) i think they give a bonus point if the winning team scores over 30points or something. Maybe ETF2L should implement the fact if a team gets wiped 5-0 the winning team gets a bonus point?

Dummy

Quoted from FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

how would round difference work with gravelpit etc. ?

Would keep it the same way it is now, it would be nice to somehow do something about it but a) I don’t know what b) much more difficult than this as it would probs need to include the time points are capped etc.

Dummy

Quoted from Jazz

[…]

I can’t see this being unfair. Its like were giving points for trying?

Imagine this in like football if you lose 2-1 in the 94th minute then that’s just the game. You didn’t try hard enough or did something wrong. If you lose you lose because your not the better team surely?

If you wanted to give points out then maybe you should consider giving bonus points out . Like in Rugby(Union) i think they give a bonus point if the winning team scores over 30points or something. Maybe ETF2L should implement the fact if a team gets wiped 5-0 the winning team gets a bonus point?

The reason its (not very much, but it still is) unfair is because e.g.:
Team A plays team B, loses 5-0 5-0
Team C plays team B, loses 5-4 5-4
so its logical (i guess? =p) to assume that team A is better than team C (the only other way being their own game obviously) after those 2 games, however, the points do not represent that.

Vali

-9w-

Points = Rounds where if one teams’ round total >5, then it is reduced to 5 (only concerning the awarding of points) and the opposite team’s by equally as many (keeping the round difference intact), with a bonus point to the winning team.

5-0 = 6 points, 0 points
5-1 = 6 points, 1 point
3-2 = 4 points, 2 points
6-1 = 6 points, 0 points
10-8 = 6 points, 3 points
Gravelpit would be a 6,0 or 4,2

Promotes non-turtling play and rewards the losing team with points if they did well. Only bad thing is that intense, low-score games don’t score as highly but then again it’s in line with rewarding a team that could do better (like 5-0) more points.

Last edited by Vali,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Vali

Points = Rounds where if one teams’ round total >5, then it is reduced to 5 (only concerning the awarding of points) and the opposite team’s by equally as many (keeping the round difference intact), with a bonus point to the winning team.

5-0 = 6 points, 0 points
5-1 = 6 points, 1 point
3-2 = 4 points, 2 points
6-1 = 6 points, 0 points

Promotes non-turtling play and rewards the losing team with points if they did well. Only bad thing is that intense, low-score games don’t score as highly but then again it’s in line with rewarding a team that could do better (like 5-0) more points.

What about for example 3-0? Same score as with a 5-0 result? And if so, how does that not promote turtling?

Ritalin

[d¿s]

lol no

Last edited by Ritalin,

grimbar

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
The reason its (not very much, but it still is) unfair is because e.g.:
Team A plays team B, loses 5-0 5-0
Team C plays team B, loses 5-4 5-4
so its logical (i guess? =p) to assume that team A is better than team C (the only other way being their own game obviously) after those 2 games, however, the points do not represent that.

That’s not how logic works dummy

Dummy

Quoted from Vali

5-0 = 6 points, 0 points
5-1 = 6 points, 1 point
3-2 = 4 points, 2 points
6-1 = 6 points, 0 points

Something along these lines, (though this is just my opinion) but more points for wins mayhaps? 1 makes it as valuable as a single round (usually) which isn’t really enough
and the things people above mentioned as well, havent thought bout em >.>
Quoted from grimbar

[…]

That’s not how logic works dummy

you are the person who should speak the least about logic, sir <3

Last edited by Dummy,

Oxy

TC.Express

This whole thread is exactly the reason we should leave it how it is.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
are you people special, no offense?
this is completely the opposite of what I am saying.

to clarify as I guess I wasn’t clear enough?
Rounds would count as very little. The fact whether you won or lost the map would be the deciding factor but rounds should be factored in as well.

If they count so little, then why even bother?

Quoted from Dummy

in response to your example of a 10-8 win, that is indeed possible hence why I want suggestions. maybe completely remove points for rounds from what I suggested and leave in rounds difference?
then you would have incentive to get as much rounds as you can and let them get as little as they can, so collaboration between teams to get as much rounds as possible would be impossible. alternatively, a cap on rounds, though that sounds worse

So how would round difference work? Would 5-3 be better than 2-0 for the losing team?

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Oxy

This whole thread is exactly the reason we should leave it how it is.

+1

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »