Forum

OpenPlugin by Casual

Created 14th September 2012 @ 10:48

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 51 52 53 ... 61 Next »

Kemor

Quoted from AnAkkk

New version:

For Windows, it is no longer a plugin, it no longer requires -insecure.

You will find the new dll under bin/avi.dll after downloading. You need to put the dll in the Team Fortress 2/bin/ folder.

You will need to have Visual C++ Redistributable (32bit) installed:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/B/16B06F60-3B20-4FF2-B699-5E9B7962F9AE/VSU1/vcredist_x86.exe

Where the hell is dat avi.dll thingm all i get to dl is that microsoft thing.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from toogyboogy

How is it loading the new .dll and also managing to be on VAC servers?

Presumably the original .dll that was once there is still loaded into the game if present. Putting -insecure in the command line does 2 things (maybe more but that’s irrelevant for this):
– Disable plugin signature check (so you can load any plugin)
– Stop you from joining VAC enabled servers (so you can’t use just any plugin anywhere you want)

That’s how OpenPlugin was bad because it does things Valve don’t want you to but still lets you play on VAC enabled servers.

That only applies to plugins though – and because this thing isn’t a plugin, those steps aren’t required (i.e. you’re not stopped from joining VAC enabled servers in the first place).

Don’t use it.

Miek

prfsnlgmr

Quoted from toogyboogy

How is it loading the new .dll and also managing to be on VAC servers?

The same way any aimbot, wallhack, or other cheat will load up and work on a VAC server.

There’s so many ways to get your unsigned code into the game, and it’s fundamentally impossible for Valve to prevent it (the insecure bypass fix was a warning, not a magic fix). That’s why VAC is there to ban the people doing it.

Mirelin

alus

Anakins very presents!!!!!

Installed this plugin, everything works fine. I am still not banned. Seems legit.

Btw, fov_desired 120 looks amazing.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Mirelin

Installed this plugin, everything works fine. I am still not banned. Seems legit.

You are killing esports.

AnAkkk

Quoted from Kemor

[…]

Where the hell is dat avi.dll thingm all i get to dl is that microsoft thing.

Same link as in the first post:
https://github.com/CasualX/OpenPlugin/archive/master.zip

gf18_idiot

Top5rocket

It’s a “p4″like ?
The game allowed to load it like the p4 before the update ?

AnAkkk

Quoted from gf18_idiot

It’s a “p4″like ?
The game allowed to load it like the p4 before the update ?

Yes.

Crafz

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

You are killing esports.

Why?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Crafz

[…]
Why?

Because he is a top level player and if he continues using this, inevitably he’ll get banned.

Snyyppis

RLM

I assume its similar to p4lib in which case I doubt this workaround is working anymore next week.

audi1234

Quoted from Mirelin

:D

Last edited by audi1234,

Crafz

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Because he is a top level player and if he continues using this, inevitably he’ll get banned.

I get where he is coming from thou. He probably realizes that he might get banned. And well, there are other games out there.

Maffi

REVERTO

Quoted from Crafz

[…]
I get where he is coming from thou. He probably realizes that he might get banned. And well, there are other games out there.

Other games that allow higher fov aswell :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Crafz

Quoted from Maffi

Other games that allow higher fov aswell :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I played with some of that 90 FOV in TF2, looks and feels horrible. Makes me want to quit TF2.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 51 52 53 ... 61 Next »