Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 62 63 64 ... 116 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from toasty.

I know this has been answered some where but 62 pages is huge. I want to bind each of your network settings to keys so I can change them in game?

Please help. Also, would I need to rejoin the server for the changes to take place? Thanks.

alias "goodnet" "cl_cmdrate "67";cl_interp "0.016";cl_interp_ratio "1";cl_lagcompensation "1";cl_pred_optimize "2";cl_smooth "0";cl_smoothtime "0.01";cl_updaterate "67";rate "60000""
alias "badnet" "cl_cmdrate "40";cl_interp "0.025";cl_interp_ratio "1";cl_lagcompensation "1";cl_pred_optimize "2";cl_smooth "0";cl_smoothtime "0.01";cl_updaterate "40";rate "35000""
bind "F7" "goodnet"
bind "F8" "badnet"

enjoy :)

toasty.

PHX

Thanks mate!

octochris

(0v0)

no problem, any problems give me a shout.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

I don’t see why it wouldn’t, %%B will always be everything that follows after the Type (REG_SZ) even if it contains spaces that would count as delimiters.

Only reason i see this break is when Microsoft decides to update reg querys and change the output.

I’ve tested various Paths to make sure though and it did indeed work.

Hard to believe Microsoft didn’t include an option that only outputs the value of a certain key.

-slate

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from slate

Hard to believe Microsoft didn’t include an option that only outputs the value of a certain key.

A lot of batch scripts I have written have been hacky as hell for reasons like this — most *nix tools are designed to be easily readable by machine for usage or human eyes, but Windows command line tools contain so much garbage… it would be nice if they contained a machine readable switch or had some implementation of cut.

Thanks, I will implement this tonight.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from octochris

[…]

alias "goodnet" "cl_cmdrate "67";cl_interp "0.016";cl_interp_ratio "1";cl_lagcompensation "1";cl_pred_optimize "2";cl_smooth "0";cl_smoothtime "0.01";cl_updaterate "67";rate "60000""
alias "badnet" "cl_cmdrate "40";cl_interp "0.025";cl_interp_ratio "1";cl_lagcompensation "1";cl_pred_optimize "2";cl_smooth "0";cl_smoothtime "0.01";cl_updaterate "40";rate "35000""
bind "F7" "goodnet"
bind "F8" "badnet"

enjoy :)

i always thought you couldn’t nest quotes in source scripting. Oh well i feel stupid for makng multiple cfgs to exec them now.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from slate

[…]

i always thought you couldn’t nest quotes in source scripting. Oh well i feel stupid for makng multiple cfgs to exec them now.

can’t nest in binds, you can in aliases

octochris

(0v0)

The TF2 restore script should now work for everyone :)

Thanks to cpt/pzt/slate for helping with working out how best to get around Windows’ shitty command line registry parser!

New version contains some improvements:

– Hacky way to get rid of dependency on sleep.exe
– Fixed custom steam path issue

—-

I wrote this little script for people so that every time they launch TF2 their HUD/configs etc are reinstalled and everything is fresh, this should stop a lot of stuttering issues and avoid issues with updates screwing up HUDs etc.

1.) Put your HUD/configs/PREC/maps/hitsound etc in c:\tf2restore\config\
2.) Download http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/misc/tf2restore.bat and extract it to somewhere easy to get to
3.) Run the script and your config will be restored fresh, then TF2 will launch
4.) TF2 launching will take a little bit longer than normal because files are being extracted from the GCFs
5.) Files in \tf\ at launch are automatically moved to c:\tf2restore\backups\DATETIME\ — if you want to find your killstreaks look in there!
6.) Use this script from now on to launch TF2!

Spike Himself

TC

You must’ve missed my brilliant suggestion.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Spike Himself

You must’ve missed my brilliant suggestion.

permalink or die

Spike Himself

TC

[Perma] http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-10435/page-62/?recent=240312#post-239941

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Spike Himself

[Perma] http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-10435/page-62/?recent=240312#post-239941

oh, well, i figured people would be more reluctant to run something that was compiled.

Spike Himself

TC

Their loss!

Besides, most people here dun hav clu.

octochris

(0v0)

<grimbar> [FB]Chris, you’re a massive mong.
<grimbar> “C:Program FilesSteamSteam.exe” -applaunch 440 that line doesn’t compute with the rest
<grimbar> forgot to update something huh
<[FB]Chris> oh
<[FB]Chris> what
<grimbar> last part where it executes tf2
<grimbar> I caught you
<grimbar> :D
<[FB]Chris> lol wtf
<[FB]Chris> reuploading

AnimaL

get a new thread guys

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 62 63 64 ... 116 Next »