Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 53 54 55 ... 116 Next »

ashkan

Got tired of looking for it in the the list, so I bribed an admin with a Scottish Resistance… sticky for sticky launcher, bro.

octochris

(0v0)

New support URL:

http://www.fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/support/

pvelikovi

Hi again :) Can someone explain me , why when
cl_updaterate “66”
cl_interp_ratio “1”
cl_interp “0.02”
I’ve got with about 3fps more avarage fps in timedemo , than when
cl_updaterate “66”
cl_interp_ratio “2”
cl_interp “something diferent than 0.02”

This explain , why until now , i’ve got little bit more high average fps with m0re’s cfg than with Chris.
Now im sure , that Chris maxframes cfg is much better than m0re’s highfps.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from pvelikovi

Hi again :) Can someone explain me , why when
cl_updaterate “66”
cl_interp_ratio “1”
cl_interp “0.02”
I’ve got with about 3fps more avarage fps in timedemo , than when
cl_updaterate “66”
cl_interp_ratio “2”
cl_interp “something diferent than 0.02”

This explain , why until now , i’ve got little bit more high average fps with m0re’s cfg than with Chris.
Now im sure , that Chris maxframes cfg is much better than m0re’s highfps.

placebo, it must be, valve aren’t this silly.

it should be noted that the etf2l config does not allow values for cl_interp_ratio other than 1.

Painstouch

Quoted from Spike Himself

By crashes, do you mean the game freezes and the audio loops, but then everything continues as if nothing ever happened a few moments later?

I do get the same problem as well. When it occurs it is completely random it did even when watching a STV.

C2D E6300 @1,86 (reverted to stock, after I thought the OC might cause the freezes, but they still occur)
nVidia 9800 GTX OCX + (stock)
4GB Ram
Win 7 32Bit

octochris

(0v0)

Anyone with crashing please take my recommendation and try disabling all of the threading section, if this then fixes it try putting the settings back to how they were one by one until you find the cvar which is causing it for your system. If someone with the issue could debug it like this, it would be appreciated.

octochris

(0v0)

I’ve had some reports that it is not in fact the threading section that is causing this.

If you are interested in debugging and have a system which is crashing under current dx9frames please come to #christf2 on QuakeNet (quick link: http://www.fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/support/)

octochris

(0v0)

After some debugging by a few people (thanks especially going to AnimaL), I think the problem has been resolved. Anyone with the aforementioned dx9frames problem which only affects a few people can try the following:

1.) Delete my config (usually autoexec.cfg).
2.) Delete everything except binds from config.cfg.
3.) Download the following: http://www.fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/misc/reset-nocfg.bat
4.) Run it.
5.) Download the latest version of dx9frames (may have to do CTRL+SHIFT+R to clear cache and refresh, latest version should say v1.014)
6.) Make sure your launch options are up to date.
7.) Run the game.

Painstouch

Sadly, it did not work for me.

While i was just EQing on Badlands Mid, it froze like usual, mumble working for few seconds then complete lock up, sound loop, but then it actually crash the hl.exe, it did not unfreeze as it did before.

Yeah, the new dx9config was used, and reseted other configs before hand. Using Windowed mode tho.

EDIT Add; It is a single freeze-crash thingy in whole night of playing, whilst before I had several of those in few hours. Some improvement, but not a fix it seems.

AnimaL

had a crash too, now checking threading settings…

bitch to check tho… it does seem to crash less than usual :(

Fishy

Downloaded these, mostly works fine but my number keys not work in the slightest

Spike Himself

TC

Using latest dx9frames as of last night. No crashes yet, but will keep you posted.

Fishy

Also everytime i load up tf2 it gets rid of these cfg’s and puts some old ones in which i don’t seem to be able to get rid of?

This is probably the cause for the number problem :(

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Fishy

Also everytime i load up tf2 it gets rid of these cfg’s and puts some old ones in which i don’t seem to be able to get rid of?

Where did you put the config?

If you put stuff in config.cfg, you’re doing it wrong. TF2 overwrites this file when you change settings in-game etc.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Fishy

This is probably the cause for the number problem :(

http://www.fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/install.htm

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 53 54 55 ... 116 Next »