idd.

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]me 2 and only on dx9

keeps saying gpu drivers have crashed :<

My whole PC freezes pretty often when I play TF2 in dx9 with dx9frames. :(

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

get a constant 110 fps with the DX9 cfg :)

octochris

(0v0)

to people experiencing crashes, specs please

AnimaL

q6600 @ 3.4

8800GT 512mb asus stock clock

i bet its my gpu, but i cant see why only on ur fps cfg and only on dx9 has the problem of crashing… def settings are fine

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from AnimaL

q6600 @ 3.4

8800GT 512mb asus stock clock

i bet its my gpu, but i cant see why only on ur fps cfg and only on dx9 has the problem of crashing… def settings are fine

If you can do some debugging it would be appreciated, especially regarding threading settings.

Spike Himself

TC

By crashes, do you mean the game freezes and the audio loops, but then everything continues as if nothing ever happened a few moments later?

Posting specs regardless;
i7 920 (oc’d though, 3.8)
9800 GTX stock speeds
6 GB DDR3 1600

Been stable for a year ish.

AnimaL

Quoted from Spike Himself

By crashes, do you mean the game freezes and the audio loops, but then everything continues as if nothing ever happened a few moments later?

yes

and its like if my gpu would overheat but thats not the case here

kim

idd.

Quoted from octochris

to people experiencing crashes, specs please

AMD Phenom X3 8750 Black
OCZ Titanium 4GB
ATi Radeon HD 4850
ASUS M4A78 Pro
Windows XP Professional32bit

Yes, except my PC just completely locks up.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from kim

Yes, except my PC just completely locks up.

How much time have you given it? When my tf2 freezes, it needs anywhere between 5 seconds and 2 minutes to get back to life again.
Or do you actually get a bsod?

kim

idd.

[…]

How much time have you given it? When my tf2 freezes, it needs anywhere between 5 seconds and 2 minutes to get back to life again.

I usually only give it a few seconds till I restart now, but I recall leaving it for a couple of minutes but nothing happened.

[…]
Or do you actually get a bsod?

Nope.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from octochris

[…]

specifically?

guess he was refering to my question?

http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-10435/page-51/?recent=234982#post-234234

Is moreframes and dx9frames supposed to set Anti-Aliasing and Filtering-Mode to something different than their lowest values?

I couldn’t tell which cvars control this, but it’s shown in the advanced video options.

pvelikovi

In new maxframes config , nothing changed , just are moved ?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from slate

[…]

guess he was refering to my question?

http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-10435/page-51/?recent=234982#post-234234

Is moreframes and dx9frames supposed to set Anti-Aliasing and Filtering-Mode to something different than their lowest values?

I couldn’t tell which cvars control this, but it’s shown in the advanced video options.

moreframes and dx9frames do not change antialiasing values, check mat_antialias. they do change filtering to 4x anisotropic which should not cause any fps deficit on a computer capable of running either config capably.

Quoted from pvelikovi

In new maxframes config , nothing changed , just are moved ?

there were some things changed but then revan reported crashing. he removed it from his post, so i guess he isn’t any more. i will change it back to what i changed it to tonight.

revanxp

i experience crashes only with dx9 cfg.
With highframe cfg i can play with no problems.

Usually with dx9 cfg sometimes the screen go black and tf2 go back to desktop till i use process manager to shut it down or it freezes for few seconds and then get back.
This don’t happen everytime. Sometimes i can play without problems but i have at least 1 crash at game

About my spec:
geforce 9800GT
2GB ram
dual core

Infested

Ye this topic is sticky! :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 52 53 54 ... 116 Next »