Forum

The Community LAN - 3rd to 5th July @ Enschede, Holland

Created 15th March 2009 @ 13:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 16 Next »

beta

RaWr ::

Ok probably over the top with that but with some rounding here.

Flights at $600-$1,000 a peice? I have no idea where the majority of the team live = $4,000 low end.

Transport from aiport to event – $50 a head? = $300

Two hotel room bills at $70 a night = $500

To what extent I am unsure but food + entertainment for 3/4 days, $200 a head = $1,000

Add those all together = $6,000 low end.

A huge loss to be had for US teams unfortunately :-(

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

i wouldn’t expect a US team to join the lan, but most teams wont make money by winning a lan, it’s more about showing your sponsors etc.

Funkeh

DStM

Indeed, they would get a tonne of publicity – all speculation though, but it is a pretty safe bet that everyone that went to the lan will jump on forums such as this and spout about the yanks with tonnes of pics of us euros hiding their comps etc :P

Qun

GoT<3

Tickets from USA to Amsterdam are currently around 400 euro’s because of the crisis :D

ReveraL

From Israel as well is around 400$ per ticket :S

kaidus

WiK?

Mmm jewplanes are way expensive : <

lassizci

on a horse

looks like the ticket prices suddenly raised from ~130e to ~250e from here too :S Should have bought those a month ago.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Yeah lets not let any yanks come or by the time we leave we’ll all be “oink”ing.

beta

RaWr ::

Insane, your be surprised how much teams actually require some sort of kick-back from attending international tournaments. Advertisement for the team brand doesn’t pay the bills :P

Then again with things as they are, 200 miles travel is probably called a international tourny these days! :D

This will be a good chance for some unknown players to make a name for themselves and I believe dunc has some more good news to come :)

lassizci

on a horse

any ideas what time the event starts on friday? Would be easier to plan the flights.

dunc

infs
dp.

We might just start the tournaments on Saturday tbh if it’s gonna make things easier for everyone.

Largos

Oh thanks, Tapley. You know, it’s pretty arrogant to assume that all us yankees do is snort.

I mean, how are we going to promote friendship and amnesty between each other when-OINK OINK OINK OINK!!!!!!!

Vlijm

UbeR |

haha ^
:D

friday = my day

pukz

Comon guys get signed up!!! give dunc somin to show the possible sponsors.

:D

Freakadelle

Have anyone already contact with WZZRD concerning the Comfort accommodation? I’ve sent a E-Mail but no one answered.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 16 Next »