Team Fortress 2 Matchmaking

Created 27th June 2010 @ 20:17

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 32 33 34 ... 44 Next »

rytis

PrettyGay

they should meet and fight to the death

Dummy

Quoted from dunc

some constructive feedback would allow you to come across as less of a prick, chris

unfortunately at the moment you just seem a bit bitter, and almost a bit jealous?

is it because nightbox is doing something useful for the community, something that looks quite aesthetically pleasing and has the potential to be good?

compared to yourself, who despite possessing seemingly infinite wisdom, has done piss all for the community other than answer some fairly basic IT technician level questions on the well-reputed; steamforums-level-of-intellect ETF2L forums

net & fps configs helped a fuckload of people, also helped some new or less experienced movie makers. on the other side, what have you done for tf2 except being prem? and DONE, not promised (DH)

Lj

pH.

Chris FPS Configs are pretty much the only configs the community are using. Just saying.

Edit: Dummy beat me to it.

Last edited by Lj,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Back to topic please :)
This thread is not about Chris vs. Dunc but about feedback for TF2MM

WildCard

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
net & fps configs helped a fuckload of people, also helped some new or less experienced movie makers. on the other side, what have you done for tf2 except being prem? and DONE, not promised (DH)

ill raise you #mpuktf2.pickup admin for years :P

Manu

what configs? and who uses them? and why are they better than other configs :o ?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from dunc

is it because nightbox is doing something useful for the community, something that looks quite aesthetically pleasing and has the potential to be good?

compared to yourself, who despite possessing seemingly infinite wisdom, has done piss all for the community other than answer some fairly basic IT technician level questions on the well-reputed; steamforums-level-of-intellect ETF2L forums

guess i’m going to have to take back my fps configs, contributions to the mailing list, time spent helping people that want to make movies and ridiculous hours alleviating people’s ludditry in #christf2 and on steam then

no exaggeration, every morning I wake up to 5 windows flashing at me of people asking “i’m having X problem”. this doesn’t even stop then, over the last 15 minutes i have helped 5 people, including cube asking about memory compatibility, lolage asking for advice on which computer to buy, tesco asking about partitioning, and n0va (sponsored by kappa) asking about how to tell if the exchange he is connecting to is of substandard quality. i stayed to the end with every one of them. if that’s doing nothing, then you must have some strange ideas of “helping”.

for the record, i helped nightbox on irc, but the amount of errors (have you seen it yourself dunc? if so, you know this too) suggests this is nowhere near being ready to go live.

why would i be jealous of a system i don’t think is going to work?

if you really want to help nigh, then don’t turn this thread into a petty squabble just because i am pretty pessimistic about this whole idea. maybe then the spam i get every time i do /read on my bouncer of “are you there chris, can you help me with X” will go away.

i wish nightbox the best with this project, but if i want to be pessimistic about it, i will be.

Last edited by octochris,

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

for the record when ive asked you to check sql injections was this:
1. ive overwritten all files on ftp so i’ve lost mysql connection info
2. i dont know why, its not the first time, ftp fucked header.php
3. i’ve splited login.php into index.php and register.php: but ive forgot to add steam id in session

thats all the errors you encountered :)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Nigh

for the record when ive asked you to check sql injections was this:
1. ive overwritten all files on ftp so i’ve lost mysql connection info
2. i dont know why, its not the first time, ftp fucked header.php
3. i’ve splited login.php into index.php and register.php: but ive forgot to add steam id in session

thats all the errors you encountered :)

fair enough. the fact remains, however, that those errors were there.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from octochris

[…]

fair enough. the fact remains, however, that those errors were there.

i’m pointing, that these errors were not such a big deal

HaKo

Poo
Poo

chris may be a dick but he helps me get fps and told me how to install a hdd.

TEAM CHRIS

Manu

dunc has done far more for the community than some fps config could ever do.

team dunc, anybody?

randa

Quoted from Manu

dunc has done far more for the community than some fps config could ever do.

team dunc, anybody?

dunc banned me from a channel and wont unban me even though i asked nicely :( team CHRIS FTW.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Lj

Chris FPS Configs are pretty much the only configs the community are using. Just saying.

Edit: Dummy beat me to it.

Yeah, only because m0re stopped updating and Chris picked up the slack. Not much of an achievement. All the commands including net settings are common knowledge, its just that people are to lazy to combine them in 1 cfg file.

Last edited by Koeitje,

crzfst

He gave me a hug at lan, GO TEAM CHRIS.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 32 33 34 ... 44 Next »