Forum

Soldier needs mentor.

Created 26th January 2014 @ 23:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1

akachu

DOC

Yo, i need some help on becoming a better roamer.
I don’t feel myself worthy to go div 6 because i can not hit scouts that spam space.
and in lobbies i always miss my oppurtunitys on med picks. i simply spam through my rockets.

Id be happy to have someone give some tips.
Ps. Quite new to competitive

alba

duplo

When dealing with scouts that jumps alot try to predict where they will land and shoot, stay calm. Get a feel for the rockets and play dm. Try to be unpredictable with what you are doing. I can also recommend you play scout vs soldier in mge.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Always be calm & collected. Focus on yourself and yourself in relation to your team, have clear & precise comms.

Watch your own demos and whenever you die/fail at something, pause the demo and try to figure out what you couldve done differently to not die/fail.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Look what you’re standing on. Is it the floor? Oh it is?!? Take a nice clean shot straight at it. You can now play soldier.

jx53

Practise dm, that will get you through div5.

hr

Assuming you’re roaming there is much more to that class than just going for med picks, the most important thing is to be in the right place at the right times I think, then you get a lot of your use playing with your scouts and denying their scouts, usually you’re in a good position to just spam their scouts but in a 1v1 fight you should probably lose it if the scout is 185 and good, if you want to learn the 1v1 specifically then you should try playing dm or mge and learning movement patterns and learning to wait to pick your shots, or (in my opinion more importantly) play more scrims and practice in game.

damneasy

Quoted from T0m

Look what you’re standing on. Is it the floor? Oh it is?!? Take a nice clean shot straight at it. You can now play soldier.

Spike Himself

TC

DM is definitely an important aspect of the game, but not the most important one.
TF2 is about speed and momentum mostly. Being in the right spot at the right time, as pointed out above. TF2 is also a team game, and almost everything you do will depend on your team and what they are doing.
A mentor may be able to give some tips and tricks, but this isn’t something that can really be taught. To fully understand the “flow” of a competitive game, you must play lots of it. Just keep at it, play lots of games. Especially in the beginning, you will not have one single game you can’t learn something from.

Good luck!

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from T0m

then why do you still suck as solly?

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHEHUEU

Last edited by sidestep,

Quoted from akachu

I don’t feel myself worthy to go div 6 because i can not hit scouts that spam space.

No one is unworthy for div6. It’s the entry division. So just give it a go. As some people here already said, its the best practice you can get.

Fallen

TC

Quoted from sidestep

[…]

then why do you still suck as solly?

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHEHUEU

Because he can’t hit the floor

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Fallen

[…]

It’s probably moving quite hard, fucking drunk Brits.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

http://i.imgur.com/D5Tdgsn.jpg

akachu

DOC

Quoted from Fallen

[…]

wat is floor

Add A Reply Pages: 1