Forum

Div 5 team looking for mentor

Created 25th June 2013 @ 00:22

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Smyther

X

We’re a new 6v6 team. We have a mix of div 4, div 5, rookie, younger and older players. 3 of us played together in season 15 div6, but the team never did anything but show up for officials so we left and got some friends together for our own team.

We’re hoping to spend the summer building up our team to div 4 by next season. We have our own ideas and plans to do this, mostly revolving around reviewing scrim & mix STVs and trying new things to see how they work, but it’s been going slowly so far because we didn’t have a stable roster until yesterday.

I want to get a mentor to help push us along before we lose any momentum or moral, and particularly to help our speed up our roamer’s learning, as he’s newest to competitive TF2.

We’re not rage-y or overly strict. We’re eager to learn and get better and, so far, haven’t shown any signs of team squabbling, but most of us have known each other for years so I doubt there’ll be any problems. Biggest issue will be people losing motivation if the team doesn’t make progress, but that’s where the mentor comes in. :D

maidos

get rusti to mentor u, he is the german byte

laerin

-9w-

Feel free to add me on steam if you can’t get anyone better (I’m around div 2 level). If you have players losing motivation though after just losing for a while, I think that’s a major problem in itself. Do you actually have a whole lineup too?

Smyther

X

It’s not an issue at all yet, but if we were to look ahead and guess what could go wrong, that would be our guess. Summer only lasts so long and some of us are picking and choosing what they do over the summer and who they’re doing it with, and we’ve already lost a week for nothing because I dropped the ball a little.

Thanks for the replies so far, but Sunday surprised me with how much response I got from recruiting when I actually started poking people, so I’ll wait until tomorrow evening before responding with something that resembles a response.

phy-

I can help you guys out if you want. My team is taking a break for a while after the season.

Let me know if you still need someone

#fuklaerin

Add A Reply Pages: 1