Forum

C will mentor any new players and/or teams!

Created 3rd December 2012 @ 10:02

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

C

cp_

Hey guys

My name is Anders “C” Carlsen.

I have for a long time now fancied helping new players out.
Things there have held me back;
My current history on Etf2l, in which i have only played a div 6 season.
I am how ever now playing on a much higher level and I have alot of experience.
Enough experince to help those who need it.

Now to the real matter, I want to help anyone who think or wants to get into competetive TF2. I will take my time to walk through the maps with you and generally tell you some tips and tricks of how to be a better player.

In order to do this, you will just have to add me and we will work something out.

I am solely doing this to help people out and make the TF2 community grow, which is in my highest prioties! I would like to see alot more people in the TF2 community and see TF2 rise as a highly competetive game. I do know that this “service” that I am giving will not help alot, but I do hope it will give some people the interrest for the competetive scene.

Signing out
-C

Spike Himself

TC

Great initiative! Good luck :)

C

cp_

Quoted from Spike Himself

Great initiative! Good luck :)

Thank you very much! Positive criticism is very welcome! :)
Was abit afraid of peoples reaction to this, due to my “history” so thank you again. Means alot :)

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

You really don’t need that much experience or knowledge to help out those who have never 6v6’d, when we started the newbie mixes it was incredible how much you could help with a few small comments or calls.

People who have no clue about the whole push/hold dynamic can be helped with a simple, ‘hold point 2’ call, checking tab and calling ‘they’re 3 down, push’ was a revelation to some, ‘didn’t even think about pushing when they had a few down being the right thing to do’ was a comment I got once, so yeah, nice idea.

Why not ask for admin status in the newbie mix group and take it a step further?

Good luck.

C

cp_

Quoted from Monkeh

You really don’t need that much experience or knowledge to help out those who have never 6v6’d, when we started the newbie mixes it was incredible how much you could help with a few small comments or calls.

People who have no clue about the whole push/hold dynamic can be helped with a simple, ‘hold point 2’ call, checking tab and calling ‘they’re 3 down, push’ was a revelation to some, ‘didn’t even think about pushing when they had a few down being the right thing to do’ was a comment I got once, so yeah, nice idea.

Why not ask for admin status in the newbie mix group and take it a step further?

Good luck.

Thanks for the comment :)
I would like to get more personal with people, if you get my drift.
I want to be friends with them and be there for them if they need my help in situations and quick claryfication.

This way i can also help people finding a team, if i know their qualities and how they play. I am planning to make a “tap” in my steam friends for people and nickname them with classes. So i can easily help them getting into playing mixes which qualifies for his or hers skill level and or needs.

I am not looking for people to seek every single advice in me, I just want to get down to that level where I am just a person helping other persons.

I am glad that there are communities all ready helping new players.
But if people are somehow shy on joining into this, then I will be a great step into the competetive play. :)

Si^

T2P
[PG]

A standard lesson with C – http://i.imgur.com/ReMYc.gif

C

cp_

Trying something; I am fairly bad at mirc, but i think i made a channel called #C.tf2.
So join up if you want, I will try as much as possible to get in there and be social! :)

EDIT:
Did not work out, I am terrible with mirc

Last edited by C,

C

cp_

Anyone got an idea how to better tell people about this. Like if they are allready on this site, they are probably allready in comp.

Any suggestions are welcome! :)

easyGame

Quoted from C

Anyone got an idea how to better tell people about this. Like if they are allready on this site, they are probably allready in comp.

Any suggestions are welcome! :)

Make a thread on reddit.com/r/tf2

You will reach a big audience there that isn’t (yet) into comp.

Good Luck!

C

cp_

Quoted from easyGame

[…]

Make a thread on reddit.com/r/tf2

You will reach a big audience there that isn’t (yet) into comp.

Good Luck!

Good idea! Thanks alot! :D

hycolours

_ainsley

Quoted from C

[…]

Good idea! Thanks alot! :D

Most of them will be pyro mains

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

Get in touch with some larger communities and offer your services. The odds of helping people that way are great. Also get your name more known!

C

cp_

Quoted from hycolours

[…]

Most of them will be pyro mains

Does not matter, I am here to help those who wants it :)

C

cp_

Quoted from SiTeHBu0mbb

Get in touch with some larger communities and offer your services. The odds of helping people that way are great. Also get your name more known!

Which communities are you thinking of? Reddit turned out to be a good place, I have allready got 2 people who wants to get into comp. So that is nice, but more people would be awesome :)

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from C

[…]

Which communities are you thinking of? Reddit turned out to be a good place, I have allready got 2 people who wants to get into comp. So that is nice, but more people would be awesome :)

ukcs for example, there are other public server communities, you should fine someone intrested there

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »