Forum

Looking for Demoman advice, tips, demos.

Created 31st July 2011 @ 12:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Swarlz

BOTTLE!

Only if you are Mafu :D.

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Koeitje

Solid Snake’s guide is pretty much spot on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkOgBX5OndA

That’s not solid snake!

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

Quoted from Jazz

I’m not a high div but i would like to think that im a semi good demoman.

But my advice for you is to watch your demos and just learn where you went wrong. Sounds simple but if you review a game you did bad in a day later you’ll be like omg why did i do that or why did i put eight stickies there etc etc. Lots of it is practice but a little guidance doesn’t go a miss.

As i said im not a high div but i would be more than willing to help you out if no-one else offers i.e watch a couple of your demos a week chat to ya etc etc

Let me know and gl

:D

This and taking criticism were the keys to my improvement ;)

helberg

Danmark
DANMARK

Quoted from Mark

[…]

That’s not solid snake!

wo0t/davis

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

add me on steam. I’ll chuck you some demos every so often (you’ll have to keep nagging me, I won’t remember)! I’ll also try and watch your demos and give you advice if I have the time :)

but really the best way to make progress is purely spending hours watching demos. it also helps to play other classes, find out how they’d play in certain situations and how you should deal with it :)

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

Since I’m also interested in improving my demoman skills, I’ll add both of you guys (Numlocked and Phoenix) and try to help/improve at the same time. Demoman support group!

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Numlocked would you mind if I added you as well just to have some of those demos from ya as well? Would be very much appreciate and would help me as a demo?

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

sure, feel free to :)

Phoenix

-9m-
-9m-

Thanks all, I added Dauk, and have now added Numlocked, Jazz and SiteHbu0mb to my friends list (iirc I’ve played in a mix against Site a couple of days ago). We can then discuss demos and other play tips on steam.

Dauk watched me play a couple of maps (gran. and bads.) and told me my individual game play was good, death matching was ok, but I could improve on the roll outs, aside from a couple of mistakes (which he put down to miscommunication or bad call) he said the rest of it involved improving playing as a team (I was playing in a mix at the time – so this is to be expected, but I’m sure there is room for improvement with general team play e.g. moving together as a team more cohesively and making sure the team is together and not separated unnecessarily over the map).

Quoted from numlocked

add me on steam. I’ll chuck you some demos every so often (you’ll have to keep nagging me, I won’t remember)! I’ll also try and watch your demos and give you advice if I have the time :)
but really the best way to make progress is purely spending hours watching demos. it also helps to play other classes, find out how they’d play in certain situations and how you should deal with it :)

I’ll look forward to watching some of your demos and I’ve recently played scout a bit in a few mixes (and surprisingly I’ve done well in the games – I assume as I’m familiar with what the heavy classes are doing etc) but playing scout has been quite fun esp. as demo they can be a pain to deal with (that and I can swap to spy occasionally :P)

Swarlz

add me, I’ll show you how to get to mid faster than any demo man in prem.
300hours of non stop rollout practice. on granlands.

raappana

KoP!?

Quoted from Swarlz

add me, I’ll show you how to get to mid faster than any demo man in prem.
300hours of non stop rollout practice. on granlands.

Seems like more and more people from higher divisions wants give advices to other and let them improve faster :) sorry that I’m asking about some help in Your thread Phoenix, but there’s still no right place to do it (just see that some ppl are following this one), can I add You Swarlz to have a chit-chat and learn something from You, watch Your demos etc? Thanks in advance :)

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Swarlz doesn’t play TF2 and is also bad.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Swarlz best troll EU

raappana

KoP!?

Need someone other then ;x

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Hey rapppaaaannna! If you want some help ill give you a hand. I’m helping out phoenix as well you ill do the same for you as I am for him if you want?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »