Forum

Demo playback problems

Created 2nd May 2010 @ 11:08

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Anybody else having them? When I jump to a tick, TF2 will go to the main menu and I have to type playdemo in console again, and it will start playing at the tick I wanted to jump to. Converting them also lacks a compressor, meaning startmovie is the only way I can convert demos now. :|

octochris

(0v0)

Has been doing that for me (specifically, the jumping to tick bug) too since the recent update.

Last edited by octochris,

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Same here.

Spike Himself

TC

Mine’s being doing something similar. Instead of dropping back to the main menu, the game just disappears, with no error message at all. I’ve issued a support ticket on valve’s website but they just say “we cannot offer support regarding user created content” – even though the error is with the playback tool and not the actual recordings. They seem incapable and/or unwilling to acknowledge this..

Last edited by Spike Himself,

baerbel

trick17
trick17

havent tried it if works now but try and use demoui2 to skip to certain ticks. worked for me in the past

Imperium

Ticks were absolutely fine for me, after watching over demos and then going back about 1000. Haven’t tried skipping directly to a tick yet

Mark

Phase

If it goes to the main menu just click the play button and it’ll resume at your chosen tick.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from baerbel

havent tried it if works now but try and use demoui2 to skip to certain ticks. worked for me in the past

I was using demoui2 when it happened.

Quoted from Mark

If it goes to the main menu just click the play button and it’ll resume at your chosen tick.

Yes, but it’s time consuming and still should ideally be fixed.

Imperium

try demoui? That’s what worked for me – forgot to put it in

Mark

Phase

Quoted from octochris

Yes, but it’s time consuming and still should ideally be fixed.

It resumes instantly for me.

wpminnows

[PG]

Quoted from Spike Himself

Mine’s being doing something similar. Instead of dropping back to the main menu, the game just disappears, with no error message at all. I’ve issued a support ticket on valve’s website but they just say “we cannot offer support regarding user created content” – even though the error is with the playback tool and not the actual recordings. They seem incapable and/or unwilling to acknowledge this..

doesn’t that happen if multicore’s enabled and you try skipping more than about 10k ticks

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Mark

[…]

It resumes instantly for me.

Odd, it completely reloads the demo for me.

Root

starlight

look at mat_queue_mode
if value = 2 That will not work
use -2 -1

Quoted from Root

look at mat_queue_mode
if value = 2 That will not work
use -2 -1

Too bad I never even used Multicore rendering or mat_queue_mode. :|

Add A Reply Pages: 1