Forum

New LCD = mouse delay

Created 4th March 2010 @ 12:10

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

badnews

Hi guys !
At the beginning i’m sorry for my awful english . I’ve got a problem with LCD monitor .
Just bouth a new one yesterday , it’s LG M2394D with Tv tuner . New monitor works fine but when i play games like quake live or team fortress 2 i have a mouse delay like 20 ms , im playing on 1920×1080 @ 60 Hz . Ive try to fix that problem with “mousefix.reg” , RInput ( arie told something about it ) i try to change the refresh rate and the resolution to smaller but it did nothing , still having that delay lag . Ive got the newest Forceware drivers . Here is my pc specification :

pentium 4 2,8 ghz
Geforce 8600 GT 256
2 gb ram
logitech G5

Does anybody know how to fix this input lag ? Or make it a a bit smaller , i dont want to give back my new monitor , i like him :D

Chears !

Last edited by badnews,

Extremer

I have bad news for you, most LCDs have input lag, don’t think you can do anything about it.

Last edited by Extremer,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from Extremer

I have bad news for you, most LCDs have input lag, don’t think you can do anything about it.

What the Russian says.

Take it back and get a screen with a known low input lag. I can really recommend the Samsung 2233RZ, not only is it a 120Hz screen, it also has very little/no input lag.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Well you can try a few options to see if this helps you. This depends per monitor off course and you need a manual to sort it out, but try out some of the options below ok?

-Turn off any postprocessing routines in your display mode (reduction of quality).
-Turn off any video-processing options, like DRE / 3DNR algorithmes
-Try using VGA instead of HDMI (since some processing modes that cause input lag are restricted to the HDMI input)

Hope that helps.

Contra

Be

Quoted from Arie

[…]

What the Russian says.

Take it back and get a screen with a known low input lag. I can really recommend the Samsung 2233RZ, not only is it a 120Hz screen, it also has very little/no input lag.

That’s some Badnews for you :D

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Try turning vsync off.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Or instead of turning off vsync, enable triple buffering. All of the advantages of vsync, without the extra input lag.

Last edited by Arie,

Swarley

cool^m

Quoted from Arie

Or instead of turning off vsync, enable triple buffering. All of the advantages of vsync, without the extra input lag.

What are the advantages to vsync?

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

No screen tearing, that’s about it :)

I have it turned off.

GeaR

Epsilon

Quoted from Swarley

[…]

What are the advantages to vsync?

Smooth vertical edges.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Arie

You sure? I might test this, since normally vsync gives massive mouselag in the source engine.

badnews

ive switched off vsync and enabled triple buffering but that didnt work :(

randa

Quoted from Arie

[…]

What the Russian says.

this, that monitor is amazing

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Badnews,

I went looking for you, because it interested me too. And I found something out. That the input (mouse) lag isnt just caused by the screen you are using, but also by directx and how windows handles it. If anyone is more interested, cause it concerns gamers in general I think, I put up a link where you can read more about it :-)

I have no clue how good/bad this works, but you could try looking for: Max frames to render ahead”(NVIDIA) or “Flip Queue Size”(ATI). It is usually set to 3 on most windows systems. Especially on Vista/windows 7 (disable AERO too). If you put it back to 0, or 1, it might decrease your input lag (mouse, keyboard etc) alot.

Link to a forum about input lag: http://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=333&start=30

good luck mate

badnews

i will try it tommorow , i hope it works :) thank you very much mate :*

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »