Forum

Has anyone had zero problems with their server hosts? (Only for server admins)

Created 11th January 2010 @ 19:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1

ih

Frankly, I’m getting tired of creating support ticket almost every month because our server crushes. We had experience with 2 host providers so far, always in Frankfurt servers, and almost always there were some problems. I’m not sure if I may mention their names here to create bad reputation.
When server is running it’s running fine but every once in a while there is this mysterious crash and we have to write a support ticket for our hosts to manually re-install our server. Not to mention that I must then put all maps and cfg’s all over again.

How many of you had little less problems with your hosts? Can you tell me who was your host?

Last edited by ih,

Chaos

BAT

We’ve had some good and bad experiences. Used Servage for a while and they we’re very good. Untill it came to a point where we too were sending support tickets in every day!

We moved on to Rackage now and up untill the past month or so they’ve been excellent. But their standards are slipping and we’re sending tickets in left/right/center.

I personally have always used multiplay and found them to be great. They auto update when nobody is around too which is a great feature :)

I’d like to point out that our clan leaders run our clan and public servers. I’m an admin but don’t have the final say over who we go with.

Last edited by Chaos,

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Well, i’m running 15 TF2 servers (+ 7 sourceTV relays & 1 mumble server) from n1ping, and i have to say they’re pretty good. Their CP is pretty basic, but it does what it has to do and is pretty clear. Applying updates etc works really well. (Just restart the server). The servers generally run pretty smoothly. It seems to be ran by people who know what they’re doing, and like what they’re doing :)

I have some experience with another server host. Well, that one was pretty bad. Updates would fail, reinstalling the server entirely would fail. Ugh, glad i don’t have to bother with that anymore. If i had to maintain all those servers on their control panel, well… I don’t even want to think about it.

And of course, just getting a dedicated server and host it yourself beats all, if you have some knowledge of those things that is. :)

PS: this is no sponsor talk, just my genuine opinion.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

IMO, Multiplay, once you can work their Clanforge and find everything, it’s easymode, and stable

Of course a proper dedi is win

dedi servers are the best by far, at our has 3 servers (1 tf2, 2 css) and a mumble. works fine. but expensive D:

gl with your search :)

ih

thx for information. what is necessary to run a dedicated server? is it possible to host one at home?

thx for information. what is necessary to run a dedicated server? is it possible to host one at home?

If your upload is fast enought … :) In general it is not a good idea to host servers at home, maybe just for up to 6 players.

I am currently starting with my own little hosting company. Most beginning “bugs” seems to be fixed so if you’re interested check http://www.nice-servers.com . The r@ts clan and the two teams of TFPortal.de are using my servers for two months now.

Testserver: 188.40.102.206:21100 nice-servers.com :: [r@ts]TF2TDM :: rats-clan.com

Last edited by Ronny,

ilike2spin

RLM

If your upload is fast enought … :) In general it is not a good idea to host servers at home, maybe just for up to 6 players.

I am currently starting with my own little hosting company. Most beginning “bugs” seems to be fixed so if you’re interested check http://www.nice-servers.com . The r@ts clan and the two teams of TFPortal.de are using my servers for two months now.

Testserver: 188.40.102.206:21100 nice-servers.com :: [r@ts]TF2TDM :: rats-clan.com

Looks like you’ve got some really decent offers there.
Can you explain why it costs more to run a public server than a clanserver btw? Always wondered and never found out.

Chaos

BAT

debranding is a bitch

vlad_drac

xoxo

To be fair the r@ts dm server is really good.

Chaos

BAT

That’s true. I dont know where it is though. I play on it fairly often and have NEVER seen anything bad about it (benchmark TF2:DM server?)

it’s great

SfynX

T2P

from what ive seen nice-servers and n1ping are looking to be the best choices for tf2 servers.

ih

Thanks everybody <3, I shall now label them: my subscription to Counter-Strike.com server hosting ends up in March. First one also trouble one was lowpings. I'll consider one of above providers then.

Last edited by ih,

Can you explain why it costs more to run a public server than a clanserver btw? Always wondered and never found out.

It’s very simple. A clanserver must be password protected and the public server not. So a public server normally generates more traffic and cpu load. It’s all about mixed calculation :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1