Forum

Client timeout woes

Created 28th November 2009 @ 00:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1

vlad_drac

xoxo

Ok, every so often whilst i’m playing tf2, i’m playing without any problems, then suddenly i’m booted instantly to the main menu where i get the message “Client timed out”.

The only change i have made recently is that i have another steam account on which is l4d2, which my friend bought and then found out someone had already bought it for him. So that’s all i’ve done, logged into another account, downloaded/installed l4d2, and played it.

Please don’t suggest ideas such as “open router ports”. The ONLY thing i have changed is logging into another account, it worked fine 1 night ago, now it doesn’t and that’s all i’ve changed. :(

I noticed also on l4d2 earlier today, every so often i time out and get the message “Could not auth with steam servers” or something along those lines – i will update this to be exactly accurate when i see it again.

Things tried:
– I have tried logging off steam friends while i play, it still happens.
– Deleted client registry blob, steam won’t open. “Steam.exe (main exception): ERROR: delete of Steam.exe failed, Win32 Error 5 “Access is denied.” Had to restore deleted blob in order to open steam.

Last edited by vlad_drac,

vlad_drac

xoxo

After a restart/adaware scan thingy, steam now opens. Timeout thing anyone? Virus scanning now, will say if it has an effect.

Last edited by vlad_drac,

I’ve got this occasionally. Just out of the blue a disconnect with the message “client timed out”. I’ve been trying to find a solution for months but haven’t found it.

got a client timed out just today, can’t remember the last time it happened before that, had to be months ago.. it’s totally random for me (and rare too as of lately), happens in most (all?) multiplayer valve games, I remember getting it back when I used to play cs1.6

Add A Reply Pages: 1