Forum

FPS drops in the evenings.

Created 13th August 2015 @ 15:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Clark

SDCK!

As stupid as it sounds the title is pretty accurate. I have stable 130 fps when I play during the day or in the morning but in the evenings and at nights I start noticing massive fps drops on any server I play be that a public one or a 6’s/hl match.

P.S. No, I’m not affected by any light and/or heavy drugs when I’m playing late at night.

R4ndom

Devon

Does that mean that you have been playing all day?
Thermal Throttling maybe?

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from R4ndom

Does that mean that you have been playing all day?
Thermal Throttling maybe?

My laptop is always working with a restart maybe once in three days, but that has never been a problem.
And no, I haven’t been playing all day.
Temperatures are fine, I checked.

Popcorp

Scheduled Anti-Virus/Defrag/Windows Update/Sth else scan?

hawku

AYO

The fps burglar who strike at midnight

R4ndom

Devon

Even if you say that it isn’t thermal throttling, you might want to consider getting some external fans. I used to have the same problems, and it has always been at night that the problem started. As soon as I got a cooling pad with 2 usb fans attached to it and my normal desk fan pointing towards, my fps would never drop below 120.

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Popcorp

Scheduled Anti-Virus/Defrag/Windows Update/Sth else scan?

Would definitely notice, but I checked again just in case and it’s not that.

Last edited by Clark,

Kilgors

plēve

Add this “+cpu_frequency_monitoring 2” to your launch options. It will monitor your cpu frequency and display it with cl_showfps or net_graph. If the displayed percentage is noticeably lower when your fps drops then your cpu is overheating. You can try to solve this by cleaning your laptop from dust, capping fps, buying a cooling pad.

damneasy

Could be a memory leak

F2

Danmark

Are you using f.lux?

stephen

Probably doesn’t apply to you but mumble kills my fps if I use a game that also uses my mic, so when I disable my mic on steam my fps is better, no idea why, might be worth trying if you’re desperate

Last edited by stephen,

Add A Reply Pages: 1