Forum

Entire PC "corrupted"

Created 9th November 2014 @ 18:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1

taube

BWB

So this morning while I was trying to “bling bling” my stream up I downloaded NightDev’s Follower Alert. When I did, I read the read me text and clicked the install button. It opened up a console which asked me for my permission if it can change some things on my computer. Since a lot of streamers used this I didn’t even bother thinking about it being corrupted/virused, so I clicked yes. The console window kept multiplying until the point where it was so lagging I had to restart my computer by pulling off the wires. I thought it was a bug or a glitch so I did the same thing again, which resulted in the console closing and opening all the time, so I had to restart my computer again. After that I stopped bothering and just streamed without that Follower notification. A few minutes later I tried to delete the Vod’s of the stream but it said Error 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. I just ignored it and went to eat. Now an hour ago my chrome wasn’t loading at all, same for firefox. I ran an Avast and AVG virus scan but it said nothing.
Then I tried to run an Malwarebytes scan, but when I did it kept crashing. I tryed to re-download it from the almighty explorer but it didn’t allow me to download anything. I tried deleting an image from my computer but it said again that the file or directory is corrupted. The only thing I deleted is the winRAR archive that I downloaded which held the follower notification. I’m wondering if there is any other way to fix this solution, other than re-installing windows while deleting all my files.

If you have a long explanation please feel free to add me on steam, rather than typing it in here.

~Pige0n

jx53

So in short what happened?

taube

BWB

Quoted from jx53

So in short what happened?

I downloaded something that would make my stream look more professional which most people use, it corrupted my computer which resulted in me not being able to delete/download anything, virus scans don’t detect anything, My etf2l/firefox browsers open rarely so most of the time I have to use explorer, my tf2 sometimes doesn’t load and I’m looking for a way to fix this without completely re-installing my entire windows.

jx53

Quoted from taube

[…]

I downloaded something that would make my stream look more professional which most people use, it corrupted my computer which resulted in me not being able to delete/download anything, virus scans don’t detect anything, My etf2l/firefox browsers open rarely so most of the time I have to use explorer, my tf2 sometimes doesn’t load and I’m looking for a way to fix this without completely re-installing my entire windows.

press the windows shit on bottom left (assuming u’ve got windows 7), type in “system restore”. Can you get back to an old date?

Also what did you run? Was it an .exe or what?

Last edited by jx53,

taube

BWB

Quoted from jx53

[…]

press the windows shit on bottom left (assuming u’ve got windows 7), type in “system restore”. Can you get back to an old date?

Also what did you run? Was it an .exe or what?

I got windows 8.1

And It wasn’t .exe, I’m not really 100% what it was like, but I know it was install.b.. not sure what was after the b

Last edited by taube,

jx53

Quoted from taube

[…]

I got windows 8.1

And It wasn’t .exe, I’m not really 100% what it was like, but I know it started with a B (so much info right here)

So can you system restore or not?

taube

BWB

Quoted from jx53

[…]

So can you system restore or not?

Doesn’t seem like it

Jan

(League Admin)
|FV|

it was probably “install.bat” cause you said it opened cmd window. If you still have that .bat file, open it in notepad and check what’s inside.

taube

BWB

Quoted from Jan

it was probably “install.bat” cause you said it opened cmd window. If you still have that .bat file, open it in notepad and check what’s inside.

It was bat, yeah. I don’t have it any more since I deleted it and can’t re-download it

jx53

Quoted from taube

[…]

It was bat, yeah. I don’t have it any more since I deleted it and can’t re-download it

So what exactly cant you do now and what can you do?

EDIT: I think he got it fixed if the system restore works.

Last edited by jx53,

taube

BWB

Quoted from jx53

[…]

So what exactly cant you do now and what can you do?

I can’t download/delete anything. I can re-install windows, but I will do that tomorrow because we have an offical today

frixx

LG

Quoted from taube

[…]
I have to use explorer

The horror

ash

(Legend)
:D

Do you have a recycle bin or did you empty that too?

taube

BWB

I restarted my computer for an offical which fixed everything. Third times the charm I guess.

Add A Reply Pages: 1