Forum

TF2 keeps crashing

Created 17th September 2012 @ 20:38

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Josh

ez
LEGO

Yes i know there is plenty of these but tf2 is now crashing without a probable cause(if there is one, i don’t know it.) Yesterday my pc crashed and ever since then i can’t get into a server, it shows the image just before the main menu then the message “hl2.exe has stopped working.” Tried restarting both steam and computer twice now for each, didn’t help. The first time i tried starting it after the crash, a window came up saying “My local TF2 files conflict with the Steam Cloud files”, after two options came up, “Download Steam files to your PC” or “Upload your localisation files”(Something along those lines, not entirely sure). I chose to upload mine and haven’t had any notification of it finishing or anything. I tried reverting back to windowed mode in my fps cfg but didn’t help i hope someone with more intellect than me can help me out here.

Selek

Dr. med.

Try everything mentioned in this thread:

http://etf2l.org/forum/support/topic-22733/?recent=408720

If that doesn’t help, no idea.

Last edited by Selek,

Josh

ez
LEGO

I am trying to sound like a dickhead here but that really doesn’t help, it’s just a load of links and I probably won’t understand, i’d rather someone be able to give like a small step by step guide on how to fix it and Broesel never even replied to anyone after his second post in that thread so i don’t know if any of those links or suggestions worked for him.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Delete your HUD (resource and scripts files in tf)

Selek

Dr. med.

I don’t see a single link in that thread, at least not on the first page. broesel’s OP was how a support question has to be asked, IMHO. System specs, a detailed explanation of what happens at what point, a list of what he already tried, what he changed before/after the problem occured.

Josh

ez
LEGO

Quoted from Selek

I don’t see a single link in that thread, at least not on the first page. broesel’s OP was how a support question has to be asked, IMHO. System specs, a detailed explanation of what happens at what point, a list of what he already tried, what he changed before/after the problem occured.

I am no good with computer problems, i didn’t understand that at all. Do you want me to make a list of what i have done to try and fix it and the other stuff?

Selek

Dr. med.

Yeah, that would help. Did you verify the integrity of the game cache?

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

My TF2 crashes every map change :/

Josh

ez
LEGO

I’ve not gone to try stuff like deleting tf2 and what not to help fix the problem.
This is what I have done so far:
-Restart PC and Steam numerous times
-Delete HUD like Stark said(didn’t work)
-Change from windowed mode to full screen and vise versa.
-Change a few options in launch options.

I haven’t tried as many options as Broesel did because they haven’t seemed to work for him.
My OS is vista on 32 bit.
I don’t know about the specs, if someone tells me how to get the system specs, i’ll do that then reedit this post to show them.

When tf2 crashes i never get a long list like Broesel did, i just get a “hl2.exe has stopped working message” and when it’s finished checking for errors, it just comes up saying “a program has caused hl2.exe to stop working” something along those lines, i can’t quite remember the sentence.

Team fortress 2 started crashing just before i get to the loading menu after my PC crashed. On restart after trying to start team fortress 2, a window popped up saying Download Steam Cloud files or Upload mine because they conflicted with the steam cloud, I chose to download i think but i am still not sure what effect that did because it wouldn’t let me play tf2 without picking one of those options.

Last edited by Josh,

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from Selek

Did you verify the integrity of the game cache?

So?

Cup Cake

Abm.

Josh, try this:

Launch tf2 >> select Options >> Video > Advanced : Disable Multicore Rendering

if you have any of Chris’s cfgs (and the above works ) then just make sure to go into the cfg and change mat_queue_mode to 0

Josh

ez
LEGO

I deleted Local files, tf and team fortress 2 folder, reinstalled and now it works.

Selek

Dr. med.

So, had you tried verifying the game cache integrity before…?

Either way, good that it works now :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1