Forum

Frame Losses

Created 28th August 2012 @ 12:14

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

FIR

SnG

Hmm. So, after lan I figured I’d get back into playing TF2 and maybe a bit of CSGO. But somehow, every game Source engine-related has a massive frame dip every now and then (something like choking, perhaps? it goes from constant 60/120 to a measly 15 and stays there for about a minute) and when I turn all my graphics to low+no AA+no multicore+no hdr and so on, I get constant fps of about 20<. Other games like LoL or even Crysis 2 have near perfect constant framerates.

Help pwease? :(((

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Get some screenshots of net_graph when it happens and when it doesn’t? May help people who have a clue sort you out. I am not one of those people.

Good luck.

FIR

SnG

I took a few screenies off an arms race game with bots on csgo.

http://imgur.com/a/MPOoB#0

I hope someone picks up the problem D:

FIR

SnG

shameless bump :(

Panromir

|LZ|

Specs of your machine? :)

FIR

SnG

Laptop

i7 2GHz
nVidia GT540M
8gb RAM

Can run crysis 2 on medium with 60fps neatly, but refuses to run any source games on low. All drivers updated, defragged a month ago.

Panromir

|LZ|

Does your harddrive LED flash during those frame losses?

FIR

SnG

It keeps flashing, but it usually indicates that the hard drive is occupied with an active process. I’m kinda bummed about this tbh, no other games except source-engine-related ones have trouble like this.

alba

duplo

i assume you play tf2 with maxframes cfg, try switching to the dx blabla one. i had problems with maxframes

Panromir

|LZ|

Quoted from FIR

It keeps flashing, but it usually indicates that the hard drive is occupied with an active process.

Which wouldnt allow it to deliver all data source games are requesting (textures, sounds).

Just a guess, since your problem really sounds odd. D:

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

i have the same problem

dx9 didnt change anything

maybe my pc is just dieing though

FIR

SnG

Quoted from alba

i assume you play tf2 with maxframes cfg, try switching to the dx blabla one. i had problems with maxframes

I don’t use maxframes, my laptop can handle the stress (used to play tf2 on near-max settings).

I don’t know if it’s just my hard drive/laptop dying, but running games like Crysis 2 or hell, even BF3 never produces that same frame drop.

Nislem

Make sure you set the ‘High Performance’ power plan. Your lap may be overheating, if so try this: http://screenshooter.net/5300752/wemxklv and check if your AC is working fine.

+ you prolly dont defrag your disk, then try doing that with such program: http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html

Last edited by Nislem,

FIR

SnG

done all of those. my laptop, as i said earlier, can run majority of games on medium-high settings with no frame loss. it’s just source games :<

AnimaL

i have the same so i think its a bug, tho its related to resource loading since it only does that when new things are loaded… it seems to stop after 5-10min first time u start it and ~1-2min on map change

cross ur fingers and hope valve notices it, or maybe try cl_forcepreload 1… i just have no time to test it :P

edit: but if u have same issues with for instance chris highframes dx8 cfg on tf2 it might be ur pc :X

Last edited by AnimaL,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »