Forum

Recommend me new shit

Created 12th June 2012 @ 01:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Snyyppis

RLM

Pretty much all my tech has died on me recently so I need at least new headphones, new mousepad and a new monitor. Would appreciate suggestions on backlit mechanical keyboards as well.

For the headphones I’m looking at a 30-50€ price tag. If there are no decent headphones in that range I’ll just buy a new pair of the fatal1ty headset once again.

My mousepad currently is the Qpad xt-r, and I love the hard surface so anything similar in size and feel would be awesome.

As for the monitor, well, whats the best under 300€.

knuck

DA!

Concerning the headphones, I’d recommend the Plantronics Gamecom 377. Pretty solid, sound is very clear. Price ~25-30€ in France.

Fester

For the keyboard i got the corsair k90 and would thoroughly recommend (Mx red switches are fucking awesome) but the price is pretty lofty for a keyboard, i just enjoy overpriced things.
Max keyboard, cm storm have some nice keyboards from what i have seen. Das keyboard look nice too but also kinda pricey from what i saw

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

If you look at performance-enhancing paraphernalia I’m not sure a mechanical keyboard has ever proven to help, apart from giving a better overall “feel” while playing. Seems that the 100 euros spent on that would be better spent on a great headset to increase accuracy of audiospatial information, like for example the Audio-Technica AD700.

That said, I don’t own a mechanical keyboard myself, so maybe I’m underestimating its merits.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from skeej

Seems that the 100 euros spent on that would be better spent on a great headset to increase accuracy of audiospatial information

Ok that’s it, the etf2l forums are over. Skeej has won.

Last edited by Skyride,

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Remember Moonroach: good accuracy of audiospatial information is just as good as a wallhack.

Rin

I have a Dell U2412M for a monitor and I love it. Not 120Hz but it shits all over them in terms of colour accuracy/contrast and so on. It IS 1920×1200, so if you want 1080p (and also possibly saving yourself €50 or so), get the U2312HM. I believe it’s even better for gaming than the U2412.

Not really experienced with accurate mousepads or w/e as I play medic and the QcK+/Deathadder combo works fine for me.

Just don’t get a gaming headset. You can do so much better for €50 than some garish SteelSeries trash; even the low-end Audio-Technica headphones will be leagues above such. I’d recommend these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Technica-ATHM30-ATH-M30-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00007E7C8/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_1/181-5741629-5846426

shdwpuppet

Keyboards: I own a das, love the thing, it is hands down the best keyboard I have ever owned. Do not get a mechanical, backlit keyboard. There are only two, the Razer one that basically feels like a membrane keyboard but clicks and a company called Deck Keyboards makes them, but I have not heard great things about them. Both are overpriced (and that is coming from a das owner). If you want to go on the cheap, the best you will find is the Coolermaster Storm Quick Fire, I tried it at a LAN and it felt really nice (it has cherry switches, I recommend blues, but browns or reds are fine as well). It runs 80 USD or about 65 euros.

headphones, the Audio Technica ones listed earlier are nice, but I like the Samson SR850s. They ran me about 40 euros and are well worth the price, great soundstage that make it super easy to pinpoint where sounds are coming from. It does not come with a mic, so you will have to use stand alone, but logitech and zalman can take care of you for cheap.

zilis

mamka

I can only recommend not to buy gaming headphones, I bought Steelseries Siberia V2, the headphones feel nice, but the sound quality is shit.

instag1b

Panda

Puretrak Talent

ince

headphones from Ipod. yo

Mousepad – A4 paper

def microsof mouse and def microsoft keyboard.

you don’t need super duper uber pro sick mad gaming devices to play good

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from ince

you don’t need super duper uber pro sick mad gaming devices to play good

but if they just so happen to be more comfortable to play with, why not?

atmo

http://www.jaycar.us/productView.asp?ID=AA2065&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=1015#4

ince

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

but if they just so happen to be more comfortable to play with, why not?

don’t understand why you have to waste moneys for example for new professional headphones and after about 3-5 months they will break. Used 2 fatal1ty headphones and they worked about 3 months , now using SS 4H and they are starting to break after 4 months. So… maybe only mouse can be professional cuz of tech. settings etc. and ofc. comfortability.

ince

But if recommend, you should take SS Siberia v2 . pretty nice and comfortable headphones

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »