Forum

PC turning off randomly

Created 4th February 2012 @ 19:50

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

achy

Hey! My friend has brought his pc round for me to fix it. It randomly shuts itself down at any time. However it stays on when its in safe mode. I have removed all the virus’ and spyware. Any ideas? Cheers

atomic-

overheating?
used to have simillar prob and it was caused by my software lol

wat

specs would help.

maybe the power supply is too weak

Last edited by wat,

achy

Its defo not over heating as it wouldn’t stay on in safe mode. Will get spec soon as! Keep the ideas coming!

Link!

.:ne:.

i used to have this a long time ago
the rubbers that should pull the power button back when you press it were broken, so the button would press itself quite often

achy

Seems to turn itself off after about 5 mins or so! Its like something is starting up and its just turning off!

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Does it go through the windows shut down process or just immediately go off?

achy

It just switchs right off, no shut down process

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Well, I think you should check if it’s overheating even though it stays on in safemode. When the fan on my graphics card broke down and my computer started to overheat, it worked in safe mode aswell.
Download speccy or speedfan and check how hot all your components are.
Speccy http://www.piriform.com/speccy Speedfan http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

achy

Cheers bro, seems to be fixed now. Its been running for about a hour now without going off! Will post again if it goes off

apex

Quoted from achy

Its defo not over heating as it wouldn’t stay on in safe mode. Will get spec soon as! Keep the ideas coming!

nice logic! in safe mode graphic drivers/3d acceleration n stuff is disabled –> less heating. so yeah, use the advice in the previous post and check the temps, even if the pc runs smooth now, just do it to be on the safe side.

achy

ok so after leaving it running over night it has turned itself off. i have opened it up to find its riddled with dust. i have got all the dust out of it, booted it back up and it turned itself off… not sure it will stay on lon enough to get speed fan installed

achy

I have just changed the power supply to a brand new one. After 5 mins its off again.

achy

Checked the Temps in bios. CPU temp: 34/35 System Temp : 30

Sketch

MM

take all components out, clean them properly, replace them.

Last edited by Sketch,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »