Forum

mac noob here...

Created 23rd October 2011 @ 00:07

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

DarkSlayer

Just got given a macbook pro i7 from the governemnt and want to set it up so i can play games like starcraft tf2 and quake live. First question it has a amd 6490m and i cant find drivers anywhere! i want CCC. Also does any one know the refresh rate of the screen? (15″) i cant find it anywhere…
also does any one have any important things that need to be done to macs to make them more suitable for gaming?

Cheers

dauk

instal windows because you will have to deal with horrible mouse accel. If you will want to disable it you will have to download software and do it every time you will turn mac on.

DarkSlayer

Quoted from dauk

instal windows because you will have to deal with horrible mouse accel. If you will want to disable it you will have to download software and do it every time you will turn mac on.

i removed it with a command in the terminal? i have a desktop that i use for tf2 and serious gaming so cba with windows 7 duel boot.

dauk

Quoted from DarkSlayer

[…]

i removed it with a command in the terminal?

lie

torden

broder
syster

Last time I checked, there was no good ways of completely removing mouse accel. If you found a way, I’d love to get a link to how to do so.

Aside from that, I couldn’t help you much, I do all my gaming with my windows boot.

Edd

T2P

wish my government would give me a macbook

DarkSlayer

Quoted from torden

Last time I checked, there was no good ways of completely removing mouse accel. If you found a way, I’d love to get a link to how to do so.

Aside from that, I couldn’t help you much, I do all my gaming with my windows boot.

‘Disable mouse acceleration with defaults – the following defaults write command will disable the mouse acceleration curve in Mac OS X. This is entered into the Terminal once and can be reversed or adjusted by changing the -1 at the end. You generally must log out for the change to take effect:
defaults write .GlobalPreferences com.apple.mouse.scaling -1’

is that it or?… im guessing refresh of the screen is 60Hz?

torden

broder
syster

yeah, it’s 60hz

FuguFish

Perilous

Quoted from Edd

just claim you have a case of the retards

Hofven

Quoted from torden

There is a program im using called Steermouse which removes mouse accel works great – http://plentycom.jp/steermouse/

Biohazard

IDK

Quoted from Hofven

[…]

There is a program im using called Steermouse which removes mouse accel works great – http://plentycom.jp/steermouse/

mindfuck

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from FuguFish

[…]

just claim you have a case of the retards

doesn’t have to claim it, everyone already knows

Quoted from Edd

I got Ipad from government :0

torden

broder
syster

My version of steermouse won’t remove the mouse accel, it just limits it.

Hofven

Quoted from torden

My version of steermouse won’t remove the mouse accel, it just limits it.

Hmm….weird mine removes the mouse accel completely

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »