Forum

Windows 7

Created 12th July 2010 @ 20:02

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Hey,
I’ve had some troubles with Windows Vista and basically what’s happened is this:
It needs me to activate Vista despite purchasing it perfectly legally and owning it for over a year. However, I’ve lost the activation code and neither the Microsoft or the Tech Guys help lines could help me.

Well – I thought – I might as well get Windows 7 as I’ve been meaning to upgrade. However, I thought I shouldn’t order a Windows 7 upgrade as I don’t have Vista registered, it might not accept it.

My question is this: If I install Windows 7 (not the upgrade version) will I lose files? I say this because I’m making a movie and I don’t want to lose everything I’ve done so far.
Thanks,
Stark

Stranger

2stronk

I’m not sure, but would suggest making a back up ;)
if you have 2 hdd’s you could put all the files needed in one, and then disconnect it while you install win7

Last edited by Stranger,

F2

Danmark

Windows Easy Transfer

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from F2

Windows Easy Transfer

Thanks but does this mean that now I’ve downloaded and installed it, that it will try and copy across my files when I use it?

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
Thanks but does this mean that now I’ve downloaded and installed it, that it will try and copy across my files when I use it?

A little reading doesn’t hurt. On the page F2 linked there’s a Learn how heading on the right side, containing links that should tell you all you want to know.

Add A Reply Pages: 1