Forum

Mumble overlay problem

Created 13th June 2010 @ 18:53

Add A Reply Pages: 1

m4tu

I downloaded mumble 1.2.2 and there should be an overlay(shows who is talking and who are in channel when you are in-game). Apparently mine doesn’t work, because I’m new to this stuff then I’m asking your help. I will also add a screenshot for you.

Screenshot:

http://i45.tinypic.com/axsnb.jpg

If you have had this problem as well or you know how to fix this, reply here. Hope we can come up with something together.

Thanks

dougiie

CotC

hey

somedays my overlay doesnt come up, so I just restart mumble, seems to bug every now and then. Not sure if its the same for you, but when it happens to me, restart fixes it.

m4tu

Forgot to add. I have tried everything. Starting mumble first and then TF2. TF2 and then mumble. Also restarted my computer, but still nothing.

octochris

(0v0)

Are you running Xfire? If so, close it. Also try disabling the Steam ingame overlay.

If either of these fix it, then the overlays are conflicting.

m4tu

How can I disable overlay in steam(in-game)?

and I’m not running xFire

Stew

Quoted from m4tu

How can I disable overlay in steam(in-game)?

and I’m not running xFire

Right click on tray icon –> Settings –> In-Game –> remove the tick on “Enable steam community in-game”

PS. Do you know what tray is ?

m4tu

yes, disabled it, thanks.

trying out right now.

m4tu

Still not working:(

octochris

(0v0)

Do you have any other programs that might attempt to overlay, like EVGA Precision or RivaTuner or anything?

m4tu

No, I don’t have any of these programs. And I also have no programs that would stop this overlay to appear in-game

Last edited by m4tu,

JackieBoy

LTG.

Yeah i have the same prob… Running Xfire and Steam overlay tho. Would be nice to get the overlay working with all of those programs :)

Chux

guru
,(s),

whats the server version you connect to ?

I had overylay problems with runing 1.2.X clients on 1.1.X servers

JackieBoy

LTG.

Quoted from Chux

whats the server version you connect to ?

I had overylay problems with runing 1.2.X clients on 1.1.X servers

1.2.X on 1.2.X servers.

m4tu

I am using 1.2.2 on 1.2.x servers

m4tu

Fixed, downloaded myself older version(1.2.0) and it is working now

Add A Reply Pages: 1