Forum

Client.dll Crashes TF2

Created 25th May 2010 @ 18:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1

herpderp

DAKKA

Ever since the last update I’ve been plagued by TF2 crashes that seem to be caused by the Client.dll file.

These crashes occur randomly, they can happen after 30 minutes, or every 3 minutes. There doesn’t seem to be a specific event in TF2 that causes them. It’s happend during heavy spammy combat, during rollouts, during 1v1 and just about every other situation you can think of.

This is what the error it gives me is :

Faulting application name: hl2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bd4c4d8
Faulting module name: client.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bf5bc25
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x002afd82
Faulting process id: 0x5b4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cafc29e1f71c2e
Faulting application path: c:program files (x86)steamsteamappsSTEAMNAMEteam fortress 2hl2.exe
Faulting module path: c:program files (x86)steamsteamappsSTEAMNAMEteam fortress 2tfbinclient.dll
Report Id: 06d75071-6820-11df-852c-002185121d70

This is what I’ve tried so far to attempt to fix it:
– Validated TF2 Files
– Defragmented TF2 Files
– Defragmented TF2 related GFC files
– Defragmented entire C: drive
– Deleted client.dll file
– Deleted UI
– Deleted Config Files
– Deleted the entire TF folder
– Reïnstalled TF2
– Ran a CHKDSK /F /R on the drive TF2 is on to see if it wasn’t a HDD related error
– Ran memtest to see if my RAM was at fault
– Deleted Counter Strike : Source / Portal & related GFC’s
– Tested Video Cards to see if those were at fault

Pretty much everything I could think off outside of reïnstalling steam and/or formatting C: and reinstalling windows. And I’m not entirely convinced that would fix the error.

If anyone is able to offer insight or a suggestion I would be greatfull, I have sent a ticket to Steam Support but so far they haven’t responded.

Last edited by herpderp,

octochris

(0v0)

Could you please upload a minidump (or a dump, either will do) related to this crash?

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from octochris

Could you please upload a minidump (or a dump, either will do) related to this crash?

Where would I find this? I’m looking at the main /steamapps/STEAMNAME/team fortress 2/ folder, but the last HL2 crash mdmp file is from the 15th of may, even though I’ve had a client.dll crash today atleast twice.

There’s also nothing in the /Windows/Minidump/ folder.

herpderp

DAKKA

The crashes dissapeared for a while, but they have returned. It also created a minidump this time, which I have uploaded here :

http://www.mediafire.com/?qimynhzz2ey

AnAkkk

Do what’s written here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1293534

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from AnAkkk

Do what’s written here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1293534

Would you want that full size dump uploaded somewhere (ofcourse I will send it to Green-Marine, just wondering if anyone else would be intrested in it)?

Add A Reply Pages: 1