Forum

OMG!! WHAT HAVE I DONE :S

Created 23rd October 2009 @ 21:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1

achy

Ok so i have installed Windows 7, only to find once i have got everything sorted I HAVE NO SOUND!!!!! The problem is that the pc doesnt think that it has a Sound card. I dont know what sound card it is as im a pc noob, and i dont know how to fix it! can anyone help?? PLEASE HELP ME <3

bennY

dp.

onboard sound card?

installed the right drivers for it?

achy

Thing is i never got any cds with my pc, it was already done for me, now i duno how to find out what sound card i have because it says i dont have one which i do :(

Norrland3000

Thing is i never got any cds with my pc, it was already done for me, now i duno how to find out what sound card i have because it says i dont have one which i do :(

If you have onboard its probably realtek chip, but check what motherboard you have IF you have an onboard soundcard. But we have to know that :) You got the specifications with the computer?

You have to install drivers for it, thats it.

iQue

keso

Control Panel > Device manager, then see if the computer detects any sort of soundcard at all

Then google the name of that and “drivers windows 7” and you should be ok. :P

You surely must have gotten some papers at least with your PC? It should say there what sound card it is, and if not, what mobo it is. Then yet again, google is your friend

Last edited by iQue,

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

do you still have the old windows version on?
then you should be able to check, what you have (without opening your PC)

Last edited by cheee,

Beefy

Vuze.

There are some known problems between windows 7 and the Creative soundcard (well there were; i dno if they sorted that yet)

achy

it is a creative sound card :/

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

it is a creative sound card :/

how you know?

achy

because i remember the program i have called creative

Snez

its fixed woo!

Add A Reply Pages: 1