Forum

TF2 Freezing problem

Created 12th January 2015 @ 17:29

Add A Reply Pages: 1

spammyh

brew

Hello etf2l!
So, month ago my gpu died and i had to get a new one. A friend of mine gave me pretty old but not gaming GPU – HP Quadro FX 1500. Turned out that i could play tf2 with it on a pretty stable 200-300 fps. And recently (like 2 weeks ago) with the same GPU after turning my PC on tf2 just keep freezing and i won’t unfreeze like ever. So i got to shut tf2 manually through Task Manager. It doesn’t really matter how much my PC was working, like 1 hour, 5 hours or 10 minutes, going into ANY tf2 server will cause my tf2 freezing at first time, then it’ll most likely unfreeze itself, and then after couple seconds game freezing forever. I can’t do anything in the game, and the sound keeps repeating.
But for some reason, typing -autoconfig in launch options fixes it (I got 30~ fps with it tho rofl)
Also rebooting my PC could solve the problem, but only untill the next time i’ll turn my PC on.
Some stuff that may be related to the problem:
CPU: i5 2500 @ 3.3ghz
GPU: HP Quadro FX 1500
TF2: Maxframes; no hats mod; dx81
Any suggestions would help me out. Thank you in advice. Sorry for my poor english as well.

Last edited by spammyh,

gedu

czur
SDCK!

Uninstall tf2, delete Team fortress 2 foldern install game

Bob Bami

have you overclocked cpu/gpu? used to have a problem with freezing when I overclocked my CPU, the sound would loop and screen goes black

spammyh

brew

Quoted from Bob Bami

have you overclocked cpu/gpu? used to have a problem with freezing when I overclocked my CPU, the sound would loop and screen goes black

No i haven’t.
Bumping this, maybe its a hardware error, i don’t even know. Other source/non source engine games work perfectly on my rig.

spammyh

brew

Quoted from gedu

Uninstall tf2, delete Team fortress 2 foldern install game

Nope, it’s still the same. Done as you suggested. I’ve checked the cache as well after installing, it said “1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired” but it doesn’t tell me what’s that file. Any thoughts?

spammyh

brew

Bump

Bob Bami

had a problem with CSGO that my virus scanner was deleting the launch.exe of cs:go.
Maybe that’s it

Last edited by Bob Bami,

Add A Reply Pages: 1