Forum

Black mesa OUT NOW (sorta)!!!11!

Created 3rd September 2012 @ 12:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Selek

Dr. med.

Stellar. Absolutely stellar. I played the original back when it was released (and several times since then) and this remake creates so much nostalgia! Improved at the right places, so many nice features. I am a sucker for sciency remarks, and especially the beginning is full of it.

Down to the voice acting, this is a master piece. I can’t remember playing a mod this professional. They should have found a way to sell this at stores / via Steam for a few Euros, it would have been earned. At least it is greenlit now :)

I looked for a way to give the developers some money, and they won’t even accept donations. Wow.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Never played HL1 before, gonna give this a try :)

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

finished playing and i only got 2 achievements lol

envy

Do everyone play on easy difficulty or what so a lot of people already finished it? It takes me like 15 minutes to fight 5 marines on the hard mode.

dauk

Quoted from envy

Do everyone play on easy difficulty or what so a lot of people already finished it? It takes me like 15 minutes to fight 5 marines on the hard mode.

Pretty easy if you have played HL2DM for +3 years.

Dummy

Marines are tough, I’ve played the original plenty of times but these guys have a way quicker reaction time and are just as tough (i.e. like you – ended up on 3 hp from 100 with no armour in an smg vs smg close-up fight vs 1 marine), plus they can flank and shit grenades everywhere. revolver headshotting the only way to swiftly deal with them, otherwise its 10 mins of peaking whenever you’re a bit low hp

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Quoted from sidestep

finished playing and i only got 2 achievements lol

I got two achievements in the first 10 minutes of the game. USING EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING AT THE INTRO MY FRIEND.

Waebi

‹Con›

so looking forward to playing this. Woop.

Waebi

‹Con›

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMJNf9xA6uQ

rofl

their SFM videos are amazing

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from TurboTabs

[…]

I got two achievements in the first 10 minutes of the game. USING EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING AT THE INTRO MY FRIEND.

fuck off

eXtreaL

Just finished it and holy shit, what a game.

Too bad they can’t accept donations.

Why they can`t accept donations?oO

Drackk

best
sniper

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

it’s not that they cant, they just dont want donations

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/Donations

“The Black Mesa dev team can’t and will not accept donations. The main reason for this is the fact that they are using someone else’s engine and intellectual property (Half-Life). The Source engine belongs to Valve and hence the dev team aren’t allowed to make money from it without a commercial license. The ads on the website generate enough money to keep the site up and running. If you have the money and really want to do something with it, go and give it to some charity such as Child’s Play.”

Drackk u so wong

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from envy

grenades, shotgun. both do massive damage, both have ammo everywhere.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »