A Sense of Loss After Completing a Game

Created 1st November 2011 @ 00:14

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

IPZIE

SUAVE

earthworm jim

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Well, as I never get to discuss this type of things with the people around, I normally get glazed looks at best, I would like to see others opinions on games that managed to meld gameplay/story and music together, without them feeling separated. As although I love quite a few of the FF series the gameplay and story could be two separate things. The obvious choice here is the HL series, but an others that people know. I also need to play Shadow of the Colossus, finally got my emulator working.

As an after thought I would also be interested to see if anyone thinks there is a game so far that competes with books in terms of interesting characters and engaging story. Or is it just a limitation of the medium that the nessesity of gameplay, normally killing means that story is too broken up and even deaths, of even main characters, become meaningless due to the number of faceless people who you kill.

This was one of my main problems with ME2, the lack of side missions starting from someone you had to talk to meant that when I found something on a planet, I did it, but didn’t care, it wasn’t the same. Although the choice (MAYBE SPOILER) whether to save the city or the starport from a missile had me debating for 5 mins.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Books, yeah. TV series, yeah. Games? Haha no. I feel great after completing a game.

http://erogedownload.com/downloads/the-maiden-rape-assault-violent-semen-inferno/
This one really gave me that sense of loss when I finished it.

Quoted from CrashSite

As an after thought I would also be interested to see if anyone thinks there is a game so far that competes with books in terms of interesting characters and engaging story.

Visual novels (the good ones, not the random japanese pron ones). But that’s cause they’re -well- books. <3 Higurashi/when they cry

Last edited by Pynklùùùnningen,

Wolf :D

PStM
DStS

Quoted from Pynklùùùnningen

http://erogedownload.com/downloads/the-maiden-rape-assault-violent-semen-inferno/

[…]
Visual novels (the good ones, not the random japanese pron ones). But that’s cause they’re -well- books. <3 Higurashi/when they cry

lol faggot.

umineko is so goddamn boring

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from Pynklùùùnningen

[…]

weaboo. Also, bakemonogatari <3

sickless

fnx.simrai

have this feeling after watching most of animes. (good ones :D)

Quoted from sgN^

[…]
weaboo. Also, bakemonogatari <3

isn’t a game. Light novel (book) =/= visual novel (game)

JimmyB

FNR!

Shadow of the Colossus and Limbo did that to me. Limbo being the more odd one since that consisted of nothing but platforming, silhouettes and sounds but the last shot and the presentation as a whole are very strong in this game, it kept me thinking about the story it’s trying to tell for a long time. Theres interesting theories on forums.

I think theres a lot of games that succeed in giving the player “this” feeling but I prefer the ones that keep the narrative to a minimum as much as possible such as SotC.

Last edited by JimmyB,

inco

KiH
KiH

Mass effect series, Outcast, dreamfall – the longest journey and Shenmue series, amazing games.

Props to those naming them in the thread!

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Rudi

The fucking british, being the fucking scum of the earth, all the fucking time. Yes, I sometimes feel a sense of loss, as the jews were being exterminated in the holocaust, while the british were left to continue their whoremongering, giving birth to the fucking diseases that roam the TF2 community.

British saved your skandie ass in ww2 son unlucky.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from inco

Mass effect series, Outcast, dreamfall – the longest journey and Shenmue series, amazing games.

Props to those naming them in the thread!

How ever much I love the ME series, which is a lot, there is a huge disconnect between gameplay and story, which is disappointing.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

It is because video games are your only friends CrashSite and when you complete them it is like your friend left the country. Sure you can still go back on the game, like you can talk to your friend but it ain’t the same.

clippen

earthbound

thinking of erasing my memory just to play it again

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »