Forum

what LCD to buy?

Created 8th November 2010 @ 21:47

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Theman_2

Hello!

So Im buying myself a new computer and I am already decided on the components.
But I have absolutely no clue what monitor/screen to buy, I was looking at the samsung 2233RZ, but I dont know if its any good. I would appreciate if someone could give me some feedback or maybe suggestions on what LCD I shoud buy. Im looking for something in the 230 – 300 euros price range.

Thanks for the answers.

Spira

Get a CRT.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Spira

Get a CRT.

Either you’re a troll, or you’re about 7 years out of date.

Theman_2

what would you recomend? (obviously im not gonna buy a crt)

Applz

Pixie <3

The samsung xl2370 is pretty sweet imo :3

Spira

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Either you’re a troll, or you’re about 7 years out of date.

Obviously you know nothing about CRT’s and gaming.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Spira

[…]

Obviously you know nothing about CRT’s and gaming.

bawwww, someone really is 7 years out of date! LCD surpassed CRT years ago, they were only worse for a little over a year from mainstream usage beginning. go get an IPS monitor and keep hiding under that rock.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

what size do you want?

Spike Himself

TC

I hear 2-colour screens (preferably orange on black) are the best screens possible as they prevent confusion in that they make a clear distinction between the RED and BLU team.

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

My acer 120 hz LCD is pretty nifty :)

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/15688806/Acer-GD245HQ-24-inch-120Hz-3D-Widescreen-LCD-Monitor/Product.html?_$ja=tsid:11518

Last edited by Turbo,

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

Quoted from Turbo

My acer 120 hz LCD is pretty nifty :)

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/15688806/Acer-GD245HQ-24-inch-120Hz-3D-Widescreen-LCD-Monitor/Product.html?_$ja=tsid:11518

+1

these second generation 120hz LCD’s are just pure bliss. I changed my Samsung 120hz to this and sold the samsung to hocz ;)

Spira

Quoted from octochris

[…]

bawwww, someone really is 7 years out of date! LCD surpassed CRT years ago, they were only worse for a little over a year from mainstream usage beginning. go get an IPS monitor and keep hiding under that rock.

Calm down, all personal preference.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from octochris

[…]

LCD still hasn’t caught up with CRT in terms of performance matey. You want good colors + no input lag + more than 120hz? GL with that.

Recommending him an IPS monitor is just plain stupid, because it’s clearly intended for gaming. I whip out my CRT every single night because my normal screen just isn’t so nice for fast games (Hardly a shit monitor; NEC Multisync 20WGX2, IPS Panel, <16ms inputlag, don't know the exact number but when running my crt and normal screen in 60hz there was no input lag) .

To TS: buy a 120hz LCD if its for gaming.

Sketch

MM

Quoted from naMu

[…]

+1

these second generation 120hz LCD’s are just pure bliss. I changed my Samsung 120hz to this and sold the samsung to hocz ;)

a lot of on line reviews saying this is a piece of shit.
how on earth can it end up making a buzzing noise? does yours?

reactioN

Quoted from naMu

[…]

+1

+1 120hz acer is just pure win, tough 175hz crt are still best for gaming, not good for lans tough

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »