Forum

Deathadder help

Created 24th October 2010 @ 21:35

Add A Reply Pages: 1

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Sup peeps,

Anyone know where I can get an original (new condition) DA from? The one I’ve got at the moment is on the blink a bit and the feet are completely gone. I’ve heard bad things about the respawn so I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get an original from.

Ta

basH.

hf

you can still get the original (guild wars edition) on amazon.
not cheap :)

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Apparently on amazon UK u can’t

Ino

dp.
dp.

I’d recommend going for one of those new laser mice (Logitech G500, Mionix NAOS 5000).

With a good mousepad like the Puretrak Talent they work perfectly. Even better than my old beloved Deathadder did. No accel, no skipping, just perfect tracking. And I play lowsens (40cm/180°)

And the only “old” Deathadder I found had a pricetag of 72€… the G500 is available for ~40€.

JackieBoy

LTG.

Quoted from Ino

I’d recommend going for one of those new laser mice (Logitech G500, Mionix NAOS 5000).

With a good mousepad like the Puretrak Talent they work perfectly. Even better than my old beloved Deathadder did. No accel, no skipping, just perfect tracking. And I play lowsens (40cm/180°)

And the only “old” Deathadder I found had a pricetag of 72€… the G500 is available for ~40€.

From my own experience, laser sucks @ low sens.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from JackieBoy

[…]
From my own experience, laser sucks @ low sens.

Which have you used? Because the mice he mentions have the first laser sensor that’s actually good. It’s also used in the g9x and xai btw.

franco

personally ive had no problems with the DA respawn, but ive kept mine at 1800 dpi. what have you heard?

vøid

infrared ftw
twin laser technology is only marketing .

if its only a problem of sliders you can just change it

edit: i didnt found the old one on any site i know
you can still buy a used mice :p

Last edited by vøid,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from franco

personally ive had no problems with the DA respawn, but ive kept mine at 1800 dpi. what have you heard?

bad sensor.

Last edited by octochris,

KOVACS

Quoted from Ino

Sorry but that is utter bullshit.

I’ve used both the Xai and Naos 5000 on a range of distinctively different mousepads (plastic, metal, glass, rough woven cloth, tightly woven cloth, coated cloth, coloured surfaces) at mid sens (e.g. 28cm/360) and low sens (e.g. 44cm/360) and the result? Both mice ALWAYS feature massive negative accel on fast swipes ON ALL SURFACES I’ve tested them with.

Just to offer some perspective, by massive I mean between 90-180 degrees of movement lost on a moderately fast 360 spin. In my opinion this makes any mouse using the ADNS-9500 sensor a horrible choice for low sensitivity players. The lowest sensitivity I could use without incurring significant negative accel when making fast turns was about 25cm/360.

For these reasons I’m also calling bullshit on Koeitje’s comment. ADNS-9500 is one of the worst sensors made for gaming mice to date, even worse than the Phillips Twin-eye sensors featured in the current generation Razer laser mice (Mamba, Imperator, Lachesis) and a few others including the Saitek Cyborg R.A.T.

Oh and for reference,

Mice that feature the Avago ADNS-9500 laser sensor:

Logitech G9x, Logitech G500, Steelseries Xai, Roccat Kone[+], Mionix Naos 5000, CM Storm Sentinel, Cyber Snipa Silencer, QPAD 5k, Ozone Smog, Speedlink Kudos and Gigabyte “Ghost” range amongst other less popular choices

So basically the vast majority of current generation high-end laser gaming mice. It’s farcical ballocks bourne out of this retarded misconception that higher DPI is better.

I’m conflicted over whether to blame the fucking noob gamers for buying into it, or instead blame the manufacturers of these products for promoting this marketing bullshit and including these sensors in their products despite being well aware of their shortfalls.

Last edited by KOVACS,

Jude

notdoggo

OPINIONS. EVERYWHERE

how about you help him if you can but not have a rhetorical argument about mice?

Mirelin

alus

you can buy old Razer Deathadder 3G 1800 DPI from they’r own website. eu.razerzone.com

Razer Deathadder Mac edition – The same death adder which has been designed for Mac aswell and which glows in Phantom colour instead of blue.

It’s not expensive, only 50 euros and the problem is that you will need to pay for shipping aswell. Shipping in my country is quite expensive – 30$ , maybe shipping in your country won’t be as expensive as in mine.

Good luck.

P.S it’s not available in store. Hope it will be available, because i’m going to buy it soon

Last edited by Mirelin,

Ino

dp.
dp.

Quoted from KOVACS

[…]

Sorry but that is utter bullshit.

I’ve used both the Xai and Naos 5000 on a range of distinctively different mousepads (plastic, metal, glass, rough woven cloth, tightly woven cloth, coated cloth, coloured surfaces) at mid sens (e.g. 28cm/360) and low sens (e.g. 44cm/360) and the result? Both mice ALWAYS feature massive negative accel on fast swipes ON ALL SURFACES I’ve tested them with.

Just to offer some perspective, by massive I mean between 90-180 degrees of movement lost on a moderately fast 360 spin. In my opinion this makes any mouse using the ADNS-9500 sensor a horrible choice for low sensitivity players. The lowest sensitivity I could use without incurring significant negative accel when making fast turns was about 25cm/360.

For these reasons I’m also calling bullshit on Koeitje’s comment. ADNS-9500 is one of the worst sensors made for gaming mice to date, even worse than the Phillips Twin-eye sensors featured in the current generation Razer laser mice (Mamba, Imperator, Lachesis) and a few others including the Saitek Cyborg R.A.T.

Oh and for reference,

Mice that feature the Avago ADNS-9500 laser sensor:

Logitech G9x, Logitech G500, Steelseries Xai, Roccat Kone[+], Mionix Naos 5000, CM Storm Sentinel, Cyber Snipa Silencer, QPAD 5k, Ozone Smog, Speedlink Kudos and Gigabyte “Ghost” range amongst other less popular choices

So basically the vast majority of current generation high-end laser gaming mice. It’s farcical ballocks bourne out of this retarded misconception that higher DPI is better.

I’m conflicted over whether to blame the fucking noob gamers for buying into it, or instead blame the manufacturers of these products for promoting this marketing bullshit and including these sensors in their products despite being well aware of their shortfalls.

As I said: they work like a charm with the Puretrak Talent. Before that I used the Qpad HeatoN and had absolutely no problems at all, no accel! I just switched to the Puretrak Talent because I like clothpads a lot more.

I was surprised myself, but they tracked perfectly.
The surface is extremely important though, because on my Qck+ they pretty much stopped dead after about 90°, no matter how far I moved the mouse.

I compared my mice btw (Deathadder, NAOS 5000, G500) and on a good surface both Lasermice were better than the Deathadder which had a bit of negative accel. Tested this in Q3A, TF2 and BC2. Always the same result.

Oh, I use the lasermice @500Hz and ~1600 DPI, don’t know if that makes any difference at all though.

EDIT: also I’m using the cheesemousefix for win7

Last edited by Ino,

franco

Quoted from octochris

[…]

bad sensor.

care to elaborate? ESreality mousescore rated the DA as being the top performer over all other popular gaming mice. i doubt it was a sly marketing stunt either. im just trying to understand here, cus from my experience the DA works pretty good.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Quoted from franco

[…]

care to elaborate? ESreality mousescore rated the DA as being the top performer over all other popular gaming mice. i doubt it was a sly marketing stunt either. im just trying to understand here, cus from my experience the DA works pretty good.

Sujoy tested the “old” deathadder with 1800 DPI, Chris is referring to the “new” 3600 DPI Deathadder respawn.

Add A Reply Pages: 1