Forum

Frequent Flyers - To australia and beyond

Created 15th September 2010 @ 12:16

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Anyone here travel long distance much? For christmas and new years im going to Australia with the missus to lay on a beach, drink goon and meet up with some friends in melbourne. However looking at flights Virgin/Quantus are about £1300 each person return, and china airlines are about 700 each return person. Does anyone have expirence of flying with lesser known airlines long distance?
Im slightly worried at 6ft6 i wont have any leg room on a chineese plane and the pilot will come up to me and say “Erro mate! You look like godzilla! where you won go?” Also i’ve read they have next to no infight entertainment for a 12 hour flight :-(.

kuma

isn’t it 24 hours to australia?

i fly a lot due to business and personal holidays, but i don’t have experience flying on shit airways long distances.

but i’d imagine that china airways is just a slightly redder easyjet, which is ok for 1-3 hours but not for 24. I’d fork out the extra £600 personally (depends how rich you are)

Last edited by kuma,

Quoted from Tapley ❤

“Erro mate! You rook rike godzirra! where you won go?”

This.

Last edited by Chaplain,

Traxantic

TLR

12 hours?

Took me 22 + 8 hours to reach New Zealand. I’ve not really a clue about the airlines though. I had a dutch and new zealand one.

Next to that, you probably have some decent space, and theres not that much to amuse yourself with other than bringing your own small things. It’s a tough bite to get through boredom, but it’s well worth it in the end.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

dont sleep for 48 hours,get on the plane, wake up when you are in australia!

The time I went to Vietnam we flew with Malaysian Airlines to Kuala Lumpur (where the Australia-bound people parted ways southwards), it was pretty damn swish. They give you moist towelettes before your food, and the air hostesses all wear amazing dress-things. No idea how much it cost though.

My experience of long-haul flights otherwise (going to Chile semifrequently as I do) is that the cheaper airlines (for Chile, Iberia) don’t provide excellent inflight entertainment, but they should have a tv screen somewhere visible showing films. The better ones (like lanChile but I doubt they go to Australia from Europe) have little tv screens in the back of the seat infront of you that you can play games on and watch stuff on demand and the like.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Steph you make all my towlettes moist.

I say 12 hours as we have to stop over somewhere in asia and then fly another 12 to australia ^_^.

But i guess all long haul airlines must be pretty up todate these days and follow the same checks and proceedures etc, i think im just worried about flying on some sort of nigerian chicken battery plane that will fall out of the sky.

kuma

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Steph you make all my towlettes moist.

I say 12 hours as we have to stop over somewhere in asia and then fly another 12 to australia ^_^.

But i guess all long haul airlines must be pretty up todate these days and follow the same checks and proceedures etc, i think im just worried about flying on some sort of nigerian chicken battery plane that will fall out of the sky.

nah its not that bad anymore, all planes are pretty decent safetywise and at least you’ll get the chance to unlock some nigerian funds with only a couple of hundred quid

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Tapley ❤

chicken battery