Forum

color correction

Created 30th November 2012 @ 00:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1

alba

duplo

hey guys, I’m working on a movie atm and i have trouble getting a good color correction. I’m using vegas pro 10. Tips would be appreciated!

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

I don’t really know, but when I made this piece of poo, I kinda liked the colour correction I stumbled upon. Just went little changes, enhanced blues and purples on the secondary colour correction effect in vegas and ensured it was small amounts.

Pick a colour you want to enhance and do it gently. Just experiment and watch the preview.

I’ll stop talking now…wont stop drinking though, gonna carry on with that…

Gl hf.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

If you don’t know what you’re doing (I assume some knowledge of colour theory is required if you want to do this right), just leave it alone.

Last edited by Casual,

decap

This should help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x8WCFZuN3ZY

One thing to keep in mind is subtlety goes a long way. Tiny adjustments are always far preferable to larger ones, you want to keep as much of the original data intact. Keep to very subtle adjustments of levels and curves and don’t bother with any other effects unless you learn all about colour theory, etc. first.

TF2 especially is such a richly coloured game that the main goal of colour correction isn’t to grade it but to compensate for the washed out colours you get when you encode to h264.

Last edited by decap,

alba

duplo

Thanks alot guys :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1