Forum

Boneyard Productions Movie Competition - Tt-eSPORTS

Created 29th June 2012 @ 12:47

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Enough flaming. Removed several comments.

Now i’m mad :<

Blooddrunk

Nein

If I want to get entertained, I just read Westracers comments.

Squirry

nNT ≠

Quoted from Blooddrunk

WeStRacer

what?

Quoted from Blooddrunk

+1

Last edited by WeStRacer,

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from Blooddrunk

+1

Very very sad we can’t even do something like this without people acting like total retards. Locked.

huhystah

Unlocked, so BoneS can share judge votes.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

Judges: BoneS, Admirable, djc, Torden, and Son of Dad

BoneS:

1st = Shift – Grid
2nd = PREM – CUBE
3rd = Heavenly Realm – NaF

Admirable:

1st = PREM – CUBE
2nd = SHIFT – Grid
3rd = PRETTY JUMPS ‘N STUFF – dellort

djc:

1st = Pretty Jumps ‘n Stuff – dellort
2nd = PREM – CUBE
3rd = Sound of My Gun – iQue

Torden:

1st = PREM – CUBE
2nd = Departure – Cla
3rd = Pretty Jumps ‘N Stuff – Dellort

Son of Dad:

1st = Shift – Grid
2nd = Hot wind – Otis
3rd = PREM – CUBE

Torden took the time to write a small review of his top 3 and honorable mentions

Prem

Cube went the extra mile in adding camera angles, not just for filler, but to communicate the story behind the frag. The curation, timing and editing of commentator clips and player interviews are the best found in any TF2 frag film, as part of an overall solid sound edit.

It’s not the prettiest thing, and there’s not much artistic license to be found…But, If you were to see Kaidus’ gullywash footage in any other entry, you wouldn’t think much of it. In Cube’s edit, it’s one of the most memorable moments of the competition. By quite a clear margin, Prem nails the most important element of this competition: Making frags look spectacular.

Departure

There’s a unique poetic touch to Cla’s intuitive editing style.

Music in frag movies isn’t merely about popular taste – it’s about hunting down a score with the right pace, showing TF2 in a new and original way. In this department, Cla is one of very few (ever) to get it right, and they’re complemented perfectly with visual synch.

With regards to scope, Departure could never compete with the likes of Prem. It’s a shame, the artistic license hidden behind these crude 4 minutes shows potential for something greater than what’s currently out there.

Pretty jumps and stuff

In the cool department, the jump community has always had an edge on the competitive scene. TF2 jumping is essentially a way to play and experiment, and this film reflects that well.

Together with Departure and Grid, Pretty jumps features a music choice which makes total sense. The implementation of the movie letterbox is the most successful I’ve seen, and aside from the non optimal lower 3rds (player names), you’re left with a silky smooth ride.

Honorable mentions:

Shift – Best production values
Sephiroth – Maybe the worst nickname in TF2, but in my opinion, the best frag in this competition (end of Static Clean)
Marines – Most hilarious moment, with the harrier flying across the screen.

I would like to thank everyone who entered, and I will be chasing up tt-esports to get your prizes sent out as soon as possible.

Last edited by BoneS,

Sef

Calavera

My nick isn’t the worst :<

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8