Forum

Insanity - TF2 Community Movie

Created 13th August 2011 @ 19:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from T0m

wasn’t a massive fan of the music, but everything else was pretty good :D

exactly this, it’s a shame that no matter what the thread’s about on this forums, nitpicking pricks will come in and try and ruin other peoples efforts.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I forgot I have to agree and like everything! DAMMIT!

LuckyLuke

UbeR |

WAR,
– I’m not comparing anyone.
– “broder rip off”: this effect has been in a lot of videos, not only broder. It’s just one of those known things that look cool and are used a lot. The song in Axefane just had this power down part in it, what better to put there?
Not one effect is original, there are billions videos. Everything has been done already, it’s just the way and when you apply it.

It’s not only being creative, you need to have an idea first. Then once you know what you want, you need to find a way to create that with the programs and effects. It’s not always as easy as you think.

PS: what about the gpit laser, what about the HUD? Never seen anyone do that before tbh. ;) (please link me if I missed something)
And like Dan07 said, I do this for others. If you want TF2 coverage to stop, please continue WAR.

Have a nice day.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

loved how you synched video and audio together. also the reverse play at the end.

keep up the good work. WAR is just jealous. :<

Bonkers

always liked your editing but maybe you could try something new? always liked the fun and clean style. maybe do something super extreme :D

Last edited by Bonkers,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from nTraum

WAR is just jealous. :<

of what?

IPZIE

SUAVE

WAR is right. What is this spire last point switching. im confused

Sylosin

MEAT
evCon.

Quoted from LuckyLuke

It’s not only being creative, you need to have an idea first. Then once you know what you want, you need to find a way to create that with the programs and effects. It’s not always as easy as you think.

No-one questions the difficulty of making these movies. Your movies are all nice and high-res, lots of colour and fun music. But what was your idea for Insanity? Turning Gravelpit C into an explosion lol and switching between Badlands last and spire so rapidly that you can’t tell if the players are playing at the same time, on the same team or even in the same game, were these your ideas? Eh? And why call it ‘Insanity’?

If you did have a clear and discrete idea for Insanity, it doesn’t manifest itself at all. It’s a basic string of frag clips with a bit of smoothing and thirdperson here and there, just with a different song and arbitrary name from the last one you made. I’m sure other people watched and enjoyed Insanity all nice and dandy, but I just watched LuckyLukeFragMovie#3563 and it was nothing new, and nothing special. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Sylosin,

laerin

-9w-

Basically what Sylosin said.

The frags are pretty awesome and the editing itself was good. That doesn’t make it a good frag vid though and definitely doesn’t mean it’s enjoyable.

Last edited by laerin,

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

That scout on badlands spire is pretty cool.

:DD

p1nky

DDEEP

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

Both fonts are something I’d use in a power point presentation…ten years ago.

Incredibly generic and boring, you do the same stuff with every movie, barely any creativity and you over use gimmicks, examples:

-Copying the broder broken tape in the exfane movie.
-This green screen hud has been used in 2-3 others, we get it, it’s new, but you’ve already over used it.
-Using what seems like the same fonts in every movie, they are all crap.

And why was it even called insanity?

And why does this even warrant its own post?

this, except fonts, I think those weren`t so bad

Last edited by p1nky,

droso

o/

I enjoyed the video but I didn’t understand the last/spire switching aswell.
At first, I thought there was a back-cap going on and that you wanted to show that it was blocked but that doesn’t seem to be the case…

Otherwise, nice movie.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Nice video, gave me some form of entertainment for a few minutes.

Haters going to hate. It takes a lot to spend your time making videos on behalf of the community for the purpose of entertainment. Criticism is always good for a video editor but some people are always going to be whining about people who have the guts to try and make the TF2 community better.

FreezeR

CGAY&BB

Quoted from Hildreth

Nice video, gave me some form of entertainment for a few minutes.

Haters going to hate. It takes a lot to spend your time making videos on behalf of the community for the purpose of entertainment. Criticism is always good for a video editor but some people are always going to be whining about people who have the guts to try and make the TF2 community better.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

I can guarantee that

Everything has been done already, it’s just the way and when you apply it.

is wrong and you guys are gonna be amazed soon.

I’ve already said too much!

As for the video itself, decent video and alright frags, the HUD is the best part (and that sniper shot on freight, sick) some of the transitions and smoothing was pretty cool but honestly, you would probably be better off focusing on one big movie and putting everything into that, than getting all these little ones churned out quickly.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »