Forum

KotH Maple Ridge

Created 29th May 2014 @ 16:54

Add A Reply Pages: 1

LightFlock

Maple Ridge is a custom fall KotH map that stays pretty true to the gamemode, no gimmicks ( :( ).
Current version a9.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5

TF2M thread
Download

Last edited by LightFlock,

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

seems pretty small doesnt it? :o
(judging from the screens)

Last edited by SorroW,

LightFlock

Quoted from SorroW

seems pretty small doesnt it? :o

Size has never been an issue for anyone, except with Engineers with teleporters (who builds teles on koth anyway?)

Edit: There’s a spawn area behind the buildings I’ve not shown

Last edited by LightFlock,

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from LightFlock

[…]

Size has never been an issue for anyone, except with Engineers with teleporters (who builds teles on koth anyway?)

Edit: There’s a spawn area behind the buildings I’ve not shown

well, too small maps can get spawn camping problems, no place to regroup and build uber etc… im only judging from screenies tho, i might be wrong.

Morgus

If anyone wants to mix on this add me seems like a fun map there’s actually a lot on space to move around the point, lots of flanking routes, and the spawns are more protected than what you can see on those screenies (those doors get you inside a building and then you have to get out of it to spawncamp, and it’s about as large as viaduct from spawn to spawn, or larger)

LightFlock

Quoted from SorroW

[…]
well, too small maps can get spawn camping problems, no place to regroup and build uber etc… im only judging from screenies tho, i might be wrong.

I’m more than willing to rebuild areas of the map if it’s an issue, and have done previously.

The TF.TV thread I posted insisted there’s a lot of health/ammo and it’s not really uniform (which is never a major issue in pubs) so I’m going to release an alternate version with some changes tending more to competitive play later.

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from Morgus

If anyone wants to mix on this add me seems like a fun map there’s actually a lot on space to move around the point, lots of flanking routes, and the spawns are more protected than what you can see on those screenies (those doors get you inside a building and then you have to get out of it to spawncamp, and it’s about as large as viaduct from spawn to spawn, or larger)

ohh i thought the doors are the spawn or something :D
my bad then, probably none of what i said is true sorry :D
looks really nice then!

You can basically spam all the entrances as a soldier/demo if you stand on the top of the fence between the tree and the boulder. Also this position will allow the team holding the point to always see where the enemy is pushing from. Also it is too easy for a player to escape from this “watchtower” by just simply dropping down or rocketjumping back to the point.

I guess you could add a window between the two middle entrances so the attacking team would also be able to see the enemy positioning before the fight.

LightFlock

Updated to A9.

A9

– Removed the abusable harvest trees
– Removed pumpkins you can get yourself stuck on
– Blocked off dropdown area, still “usable” for visibility purposes
– Slapped some colour on areas I’m comfortable with the gameplay of

Competitive-based changes:

– Completely rebuilt and revised everywhere but mid (rebuilt spawn and buffer essentially)
– Drastically lowered health/ammo in the map, specifically everywhere but the CP
– Hollowed the cap building, changed the shed to a small covered area leading inside it

– Heightened chute building so it doesn’t look walkable

Download (.bz2)
TF2Maps thread

Add A Reply Pages: 1