Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

PuzZle

Boys
GG

I really liked arctic so this sounds promising

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Hey anyone with donator on serveme.tf can upload new version, this gonna be played on tf2pickup.net :)

MS

0fo
0FO

This was the best map in the UGC Steel All-stars S9!

And I’d love to play it again.

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Hey ok so I have more intel of the map, I see a lot of people have fps issues on it including me on fairly new PC, it doesn’t matter if it’s on DX8 or DX9. Fps are droping from stable 150 which I have on all maps to red 30-40 even.

Popcorp

Ok, I’ll ask map maker to optimize it then

Mr. Hanz

TF2M2

Hey everyone!

I’m the original mapmaker of Arctic, and I just quickly jumped by to say that I will try to fix the fps issues that are currently haunting Arctic. I am however busy with exams this january, so changes will happen after these are over. Meanwhile you saw that popcorp went ahead and updated to koth_warmtic_b4 for me, and I will continue on that when I have the time.
One quick note: snow maps don’t drop fps because of the snowy textures used, but because of snow particles. Arctic doesn’t have any of those, so these fps drop are purely happening because of some bad optimizing, which I will try to improve.

Meanwhile please feel free to ask any questions or propose any suggestions on my email which I check daily, it will be the easiest way to get things done. (( [email protected] ))

Thanks for giving Arctic/Warmtic a try!

Hanz

Popcorp

I changed my mind to optimize the map before cup, because I was afraid that I would break something. Me or Hanz will update (and optimize) it if it gets into main season.

Last edited by Popcorp,

Popcorp

bump, now that the cup is over, want to know if there’s any feedback in case this map gets into next season, thanks.

Popcorp

b5 version is out. Note: Previous version was rc4, but it was supposed to be b4, that was a mistake on my end, sorry.

Download

Changelog:

-Removed a lot of annoying light effects
-Reduced map brightness
-Some texture changes/adjustments
-Moved small healthpack to more visible area on Top right
-A bit of optimizations
-Made spawns a little big bigger
-Extended left metal platforms on Mid
-Can’t shoot between containers anymore

tell me if something is wrong.

Last edited by Popcorp,

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Can you make sure the version is uploaded to serve.me servers? Also will etf2l admins decide to play an updated version in the season?

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

乞食のための大きい地図

Yggdrasil

Fe |

Quoted from HartzFartz

乞食のための大きい地図

“Larger map for beggars”

nice try hartz.

Last edited by Yggdrasil,

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

This should be the last version for this season, unless something funny happens

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jhi5d4h6ixat7n7/koth_warmtic_b6.bsp?dl=0

-Moved Locker closer to the doors (similar to Viaduct)
-Placed nobuild near Truck around Lunchbox, to prevent Teleporter from blocking Ammo/Health packs
-Fixed getting stuck in Ladder while moving up and scoped in
-Fixed broken Sightline near Dropdown
-Redisigned mid building a bit
-Moved Small ammo/health packs from Small hut into Mid house (for easier retreats)
-Lowered Skybox to prevent very huge jumps with Sticky/Beggars

Your lovely forumbanned Popcorn

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Newest version is on serverme servers already so we can playtest it in the close future.

Popcorp

So I made the newest version a week ago and it still not part of the season for some reason, what’s going on guys? The oldest version will be played if it doesn’t get updated, which sucks for me because I spent my and my friend’s time to actually make those versions. Please help =/

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »