Forum

[Contest Entry WIP] cp_follower FINAL

Created 2nd March 2009 @ 21:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

vilepickle

Spawn times identical to stock maps. If you’re losing right away after losing middle then the teams are grossly uneven, at least from the large amount of testing and games I’ve seen. Which is actually good, because people don’t want to play 10 hour games when the teams are clearly unbalanced.

.____________.

Teams were uneven last time this was played, yes. But still, a 20 second respawn after middle point is captured is just insane.

vilepickle

Spawn times identical to stock maps.

I mean, you can catch the long end of a spawn wave. That’s the way it’s coded in the game.

vilepickle

http://vilepickle.com/pics/middle-cap.jpg

These are the properties of the middle cap point. It does not adjust the spawn time at all in either way, so it should be the same for everyone after taking mid. The only time it changes is when offense takes CP4, which is the same as on Granary.

.____________.

Meh, still something that randomly skrews up the balance when you don’t have a chance to defend :P Happened 5/6 rounds, for me atleast, so not exactly a “one time thing” or simply bad luck. But no matter, i’m simply pointing it out.

ket-

Vilepickle, are you by any chance on quakenet ? :p

vilepickle

That’s cool. I’m aware that teams can take CP4 somewhat quickly after mid if they wipe a team. I’ve found that the chances of getting CP4 back if teams are good is 50/50, which is about right. 5 needs to be defendable while not being Fort Knox, which I think is accomplished here. So it’s somewhat forgiving if a team can recover correctly and not have random guys picked off running back into 4 after the middle wipe.

vilepickle

ket, yeah, I usually hang around #tf2.playtest.pickup if I bother to join it manually (stupid Qnet won’t auth me before it tries to autojoin now)

Awx

InsertCoin

seems like some ideas got taken from granary with a few changes :p, but a very good map in general.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Wanna play badlands and granary in the same time ? Wanna play badlands and granary in the same time with something new ? Try Follower

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Wanna play badlands and granary in the same time ? Wanna play badlands and granary in the same time with something new ? Try Follower

amazing insight nightbox, how do you do it?

Cake

-gS-

oh shut up will you :P

I appreciate sarcasm but don’t do it to Nightbox, he’ll just come back to haunt you.

d0gs

+1 to cake for defending his countrymen :D

On topic: It’s indeed a mix of the 2 favorite maps but that doesn’t take away credit from the map itself. Enjoyed the games i played on it.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

oh shut up will you :P

I appreciate sarcasm but don’t do it to Nightbox, he’ll just come back to haunt you.

think your sarcasm detector is broken, was sincere compliment.

:D

gryzor

Here’s another great go at things: unless people stop to harass nightbox as soon as he makes a post, I’ll hand out bans — wouldn’t that be funny?

Slightly more on topic:

Vilepickle is a mastermind at thit shit and has been for years, not sure he reads this anymore — but a few “touchups” wouldn’t hurt. People complain about FPS-drops on follower. If Vilepickle is indeed still following this thread, I’ll make damn sure to drag them here the next time I see it (pretty much everytime it’s on the etf2l-public) and help solve it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »