Forum

cp_croissant (final)

Created 8th August 2011 @ 02:04

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28

Arnold

DAKKA

Thanks for the feedback Emilio I’ll see what I can do about those issues.

Popcorp

To be honest, you should start again, revert everything to Rc6 version (which was the best version of a map imo) and then add/change things. I haven’t played this map for a long time so i can’t give any feedback, sorry.

EmilioEstevez

GG

Nah, a lot of the changes made to the chokepoint on last and the new door to lumber from bridge have really improved the map imo. But those new flanks seem to exist solely so a scout can run behind you unseen (they’re both useless for the combo to push through or from) and they come out so far behind the natural hold spots on the map its awkward to watch them effectively.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from Admirable

Can you make it an S instead of a C, the mirrored sides concept is kind of wonky! :D

This

Munky

AEUGH

I feel like half the problem with this map is poor PR. You had that bad UGC season a while back, the flank under mid puts people off and the map shape does as well.

The flank route under mid is wrong. Not because of balance but the fact it feels totally out of place for TF2. It also adds a lot of BS to mid fights. Honestly I think people see that flank and decide the map isn’t worth playing.

The other flank route Emilio highlighted doesn’t add anything and should be removed to simple things down as well. I disagree about widening the door under last as I’m not sure it is needed.

Changing the shape of the map to standardise the rollouts is something you should try. Switching between teams is always a bit offputting and is another thing holding it back from being more popular. Not entirely sure if it would be the right decision but no harm in giving it a go.

I think the map is really underrated though and imo is almost as good as Process and Gully for highlander. Certainly a lot better than maps like Granary/ Snakewater/ Intermodal/etc.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28