Forum

AC injustice

Created 1st March 2010 @ 18:18

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »

trams

-><-

First of all I have to introduce myself, I have played in ETF2L since season 1, have a family and my own business, I am also a writer on the swedish site Onlinegamer, so I know the meaning of “no spare time” and have great respect of the work ETF2L admins do.

Today Gryzor did a newspost about injustice in the ETF2L ac-group, some interesting info for us players.
http://www.onlinegamer.se/2010/03/01/fraga-hur-val-fungerar-etf2ls-ac-grupp/?lang=en

ETF2L:s response was a 1 year ban for “Abuse of confidential information”

He isnt even an admin anymore?
Why havent anyone else got banned for this?

But the core problem remains, its too easy to cheat in TF2/ETF2L, you have no good way to detect triggerbots and such, conclusion: ETF2L needs a good anticheat-program.

The problem, as I understand it, is lack of programmers, but I havent seen any search for such in the newsposts?

Everyone: Help to solve the problem, dont make it worse.
Admins: Dont shoot the messenger.

Btw, I feel very sorry for Quad if it happend like Gryzor describes.

Last edited by trams,

ulv

h.
Liero

all hail the informative topic name! :)

trams

-><-

better? ;)

Spank

PREACH THE TRUTH!

9/11 nevar forget!

infussle

Quoted from trams

if it happend like Gryzor describes.

funny that

Last edited by infussle,

Anathema

Well, no comment on anything else, but banning gryzor for this isn’t just imo.

Waebi

‹Con›

ROFL

Rotab

≧◡≦

Quoted from Herr Braffle

9/11 nevar forget!

Inside job!!! !! !

If what Gryzor posted there is true, methinks ETF2L has some explaining to do, as well as the AC section needing some SERIOUS reworking.

Edd

T2P

:E

cy@

Last edited by Edd,

blorg

rageban lawl

edit (serious post) :

imho I think it’s shit that they ban Gryzor for stating what happened. If you’re gonna ban someone, then you should at least have the balls to state exactly why etc. Why is it confidential information? Sorry if this was explained in the other 100000 threads that reached 12 pages like this will, but I didn’t read them. Basically, if you’re gonna ban someone, everyone should be able to access why, because it really fucks teams up. That’s just my opinion, and I know the opposite argument to that is people can just bitch that it’s not hacks etc and that it’s the admins decision w/e.

in summary admins should just make a statement as to why they banned someone for it, rather then just ”aimbot” and that I can’t see much wrong with what gryzor did besides stating what happened

oh and I know he might not be true, I haven’t read the full thing yet but I’m judging from what the topic info says :)

Last edited by blorg,

Beefy

Vuze.

loooooooool poor quad :<

dunc

infs
dp.

laters big G xxxxxxxx

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Gryzor was not banned solely because of the article he posted on a Swedish gaming website. Please do not come to conclusions and post blindly on this topic.

We will make a full statement in the near future with regards to this matter and also with regards to our thoughts on improving the AC system.

This topic is now locked, further topics on the situation before we release a statement will also be locked. Thankyou for your patience and understanding.

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »