Forum

Anti-Cheat system

Created 9th February 2010 @ 00:34

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 14 Next »

Sirrus

I’m posting this because I think that the current situation is unacceptable in regard to anti cheat admins. At present they work with impunity and don’t have to justify themselves to anyone.

If your banned for “allegedly” hacking your confronted with the magic cover all phrase “we don’t share evidence” Well I’m calling you out I believe that you only have 40% demos covering the bans for hacking you’ve placed on people! I also believe that because you hide behind “we don’t share evidence policy” that the accuser can with impunity sully someone’s name with potentially make malicious accusations. Your evidence is based on demos that are 2:30 mins long. You then wont except any other demo which could be provided a counter your point of view. This means that 60% of the bans meated out are based on “here say” or vac bans. If you have nothing to hide in regard to your decision making make it transparent. Don’t get a demo from an anonymous source pass around a load of anti cheat admins without saying a word and then meat out a yearlong ban whilst the player doesn’t they were under suspicion. Which in simply put means that the player is tried, judged and punished without knowing he’s even been accused.

To remedy the situation is simple an anti cheat admin contacts the CL of a clan and requests demos of the suspected hacker over a random dates this for pcw’s or officials. Its then based on several demos decided if the person is a persistent user of hacks. They then put the demo that shows them hacking into and avi and then post it on youtube if its found that he definitely is hacking. This means your basing your bans on evidence that everyone can see and its a warning to all others. This prevents the impression that absolute power has corrupted absolutely.

Having spoken to an Anti-Cheat admin that a player in my team was hacking they based the evidence on a single demo on a public server that is less that 3 mins long. He’s Danish and I’ve now had him and my team openly accused of hacking by a Danish community forum, the interesting thing is that they are saying that its based on the performances of this player we were promoted he didn’t join till after the league was finished. The guys who have been killed by him are now boosting there egos by saying I knew he couldn’t kill me he was hacking. Others who played against him and with him know that he isn’t and can vouch for him are remaining silent. The anti-cheat admins are just sitting there and stone walling leaving us with a banned player and no recourse to find out why or even which class he was supposed to be hacking as.

I’m sorry if this pisses anyone off but frankly I think it’s a farce, if you are making decisions like this and you are making these players Orwellian hate figures then at least let them defend themselves. I’ve got it off my chest and I’m sure that an admin will soon come along lock and delete this so no opinions can be shared on this matter. I have around 50 hours of demos of this player and he probably has even more so you know where to find me if want to do make a decent job of it.

jason

PHX

So do you have to cheat on many occasions now? Just getting caught once isn’t good enough?

This won’t get deleted. Locked more than likely but wait for the morning rush.

btw I am not commenting on this particular instance as I have no knowledge whatsoever about it.

Sirrus

No I’m saying show the evidence! I’ll boot him out myself but atm there isn’t any and I don’t believe you have any.

Jonni

[FB]

tl:dr same discussion that shows its ugly face every time someone gets banned. It also gets the same awnser every single time…

EpicFrench

:>

Hi guys, one of my team mate is actually develop an anti cheat for Lftf2’s league, but i don’t think it’s just for Lftf2, i can talk to him.

If you agree, an admin can PM to get some informations or add me on steam.

Btw it’s not an obligation.

infussle

accept the fact you’re a bad judge of character.

xzr

this has been discussed a thousand times, quit whining

Sirrus

Ok again, show me the evidence! I won’t share it around show me the evidence is a 1 meg file.

If it has been discussed a thousand times then admins do something about it!

ambra

Quoted from Sirrus

No I’m saying show the evidence! I’ll boot him out myself but atm there isn’t any and I don’t believe you have any.

whoreshit
and opinions have been proven to be irrelevant

Skyride

DUCS

Jarate, ask the guy himself for some demos from PCW’s. Fantastic if he used P-REC. It won’t make a difference to the admins, but I’m sure it would allow people to support your case or not.

Personally I trust these admins to spot cheats as I’ve seen this a hundred times before outside gaming (i.e. Experienced person makes a judgement on something, inexperienced noob questions and doesn’t know what they are looking for) but it certainly wouldn’t hurt.

Sirrus

I have asked him personally for the demos and he’s given them to me since I’m making an avi. This was based on here say on a public dm server.

Skyride

DUCS

Don’t bother, you can’t tell from a 25fps video if someone is a hacker or not. All i’m saying is:

if you believe this guy was not a hacker. Then I wouldn’t make a judgement myself until I had seen evidence, and will simply take an admins word for it. However given what I’ve seen in the past, I’m sure there was more to it than a 3 minute demo.

Sirrus

I want to make up my own mind thus why I asking to see the evidence. Lets face it everyone on here has decided hes guility with no question asked on how the decision was made.

I would even request that an admin go through it with me so I know what to look for if its indeed to the case but at the moment there is no evidence.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from jason

So do you have to cheat on many occasions now? Just getting caught once isn’t good enough?

Before you read the words I am writing, understand first that I am commenting on one point that you raised and am agreeing with the comment in the quoted text above.

If a player cheats once in TF2, that in my opinion, would be enough for a ban. Therefore a series of demos would prove nothing more than the possibility that a player had cheated once or had cheated 100 times. It’s an interesting concept, but flawed in the fact that it would not always catch a player who had cheated.

With regards to the rest of your post, I’m not an Anti-Cheat Admin, I’m just a Head Admin in the league. Whilst I have a few years of AC experience from TFC, I am not active in the team and thus am not involved in their decision making. I fully believe in the ability of our admins to use their experience in spotting a cheat and thus if they make a decision, I stand by that based on their proven experience.

Finally, ETF2L never bans without any demos or evidence xx

Bobo

Poo

Habeas Corpus

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 14 Next »