Forum

ETF2L Fundraiser

Created 14th March 2015 @ 16:50

Add A Reply Pages: 1

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

So the S20 fundraiser came to an end a couple of days ago and i was wondering what you guys thought about the perks. While the casting your game and forum titles were a huge success pretty much noone chose a mentor session besides 2 exceptions (shoutout to ell and the guy that booked knoxxx ps:gl). I was wondering why only a few people showed interest in that perk since you can frequently find threads about people looking for high div mentors etc. Is it too expensive? Do people not like the format of it? (reminder: Group mentor session where you hang out with your mentor and can ask questions n stuff).

I am just trying to gather some information to improve this project :)

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

The forum titles / emotes were maybe too good of a perk

Mundi

dogs.tf

i wanted etf2l title but im not play 50 for it

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

It’s too easy to get someone else to mentor you for free.

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

for me it seemed like very generalised mentoring and not really the sort of one to one mentoring i feel like people would like, and i know that logistically one to one mentoring for everyone that paid for the perk would never be achievable but it didn’t make sense to me to get the perk when i thought about it because i would take the kaidus mentoring session and chances are he would stream his mentoring session and i can just watch it there and it would basically be the same, its very possible that i am wrong and it was actually a lot more involved than it sounded but it just seemed like it would be very general mentoring.

thats why i chose a different perk at least

ducky

Quoted from birdy

for me it seemed like very generalised mentoring and not really the sort of one to one mentoring i feel like people would like, and i know that logistically one to one mentoring for everyone that paid for the perk would never be achievable […] but it just seemed like it would be very general mentoring.

My very first season I’ve been part of a mentoring program organized by team colonslash (academy project) and all I can say is that contrary to popular belief one on one mentoring isn’t very useful compared to team mentoring.

How would you mentor a pocket without including his medic (or vice versa)?
Even the classes/roles that seem to be solo oriented (e.g. roamer) work so much better when coordinated with the rest of the team.
It’s called “Team” fortress for a reason :D

Sure, some things need a more personal involvement with the player like rollouts, default positioning, situational priority lists or class specific ingame mechanics… but those tasks don’t take very long and can also be processed as part of the group mentoring.

The thing is: Focusing on just these “solo” features and ignoring the group aspects, such as communication and coordination, will leave you unable to fully profit from your mentoring in a team based environment which, unless you plan on playing nothing but lobbies, is probably what you as a competitive player should be going for.

Add A Reply Pages: 1