Forum

Team switching etc. (ramble-alert)

Created 19th November 2008 @ 20:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

Disclaimer:
First off, this is not an attempt to discredit anyone, the team mentioned just happened to be the only concrete example I could pull out of my ass without being prosecutable for any kind of felony. Also pulling stuff out of ones ass not only results in a discomfort which probably can be described as anything but mild, it also makes for one heck of a smelly forum thread as well as leaving the individual feeling both violated and confused as to how the example ended up there in the first place.

Right,
to sum up the post before rambling on I would like a rule to be added which adds some limitations as to how freely clans can change lineups and such.

There are a few examples in both higher and lower divisions in which teams fully change lineup or such, or fold only to miraculously reform a week later with a “slightly” changed lineup whilst still being eligible to keep their current position in etf2l. But the example I picked is the one that came to slightly affecting my own clan, currently fighting it out in division 3B. The clan which lineup constantly confused me was the lineup of FOG(later known as s7, and even later known as nonamerz).

Players seen as FOG:
nev
yu
frag
blind
exact
grnpc
frag

Players seen as s7:
grnpc (FOG)
exact (FOG)
viper
fletch
mntz
rollin
tal
madness

Players seen as nnz:
nev (FOG)
blind (FOG)
uldis
digital
exact (FOG,s7)
grnpc(FOG,s7)

Here are the players which have been seen to play with FOG/s7/nnz in division 3, as i only quickly checked the screenshots i proably missed someobne. So the actual lineups might vary.

But basically the FOG who played the first few games drastically differ from the FOG who played the last 2 games, but is fairly similar to the current FOG. So i my eyes FOG and nnz were the same team, but s7 isnt the same clan in my eyes. As a matter of fact, none of the players who are currently seen with nnz played in the game vs j, and I cannot recall seeing any of them (viper, fletch, mntz, rollin, tal, madness) with the FOG-tag either. To confuse stuff further, the players who played with s7 tag (formerly FOG) vs us, are now members of prior.eSports, and at their clan presentation we see that they currently have the tag s7 listed as clan tag, and #se7en.tf2 as tf2channel.

The flaw in the rules can be further shown in a theoretical example. During the season we have seen a couple of division 1 clans fold, imagine the person who is listed as team captain has a couple of friends who play in a lower division (just for the heck of it.. say they are in division 5). Nothing in the current rule set stops the captain of the folding team to recruit an entire division 5 team, and then leave the clan, allowing the rejoicing division 5 players to change the clan name back to whatever it was in division 5. Sure, it would only take 1 season tops for this clan to drop to division 2 and probably continue dropping, still I think this a flaw in the current set of rules.

In other words, I think a “team” should be more than a team id at etf2l which freely can be passed between teams :).

Disclaimer 2:
The outcome of my game vs s7 did not in any way affect the end results of the division as they would still be ranked 3rd and we 4th even if we pulled a 6-0 instead of a 3-3. This is nothing personal against fog/s7/nnz, just a mere example to create a discussion regarding what constitutes a team and its rights to hold a position in a division and not regarding FOGs lineup. I am sure people know other similar situations in both higher and lower divisions.

ulv

h.
Liero

so what are you going to do about it? imo this is just as silly as the teamdropping and the “common sense” that admins can, and often MUST use when setting up the divisions. unforgettable the whole deal with Übersexuals, wotr3 and T.T before Season 3 started :) There was of course nothing wrong in it, it just points to the hopelessness in trying to keep a stable pattern in a league. Just look at this season. Everyone who ended on second place in div 4 was automaticlly sent up to div 3. Just because so many teams dropped :) Madness.

teams can fold not only in Europe, it happens in Russia and Latvia too… everything is unstable now, just look around, Div.1 as example… it’s hard to stay motivated when tf2 receive so little attention from “money bags”.

Hansa

.idk?

“teams can fold not only in Europe, it happens in Russia and Latvia too”

if i remembered, latvia and a half of russia, then including the etf2l russians team, are european country :o)

blind

popkõrns

its complicated. FOG folded, exact and grnpc joined s7, so team name and players were changed to s7, ofcourse. Noone expected that we would get a great deal with gotgame, which made us reform in a form with 2 new players.
However, i do agree that s7 was NOT fog, so i guess thats on Exact and the admins. Then again, you must understand that if FOG would not have been switched to s7, there would be one more team dropped, when there were already (!)4 teams dropped, which wouldnt be good for anyone.

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

True enough, way too many teams fold midseason. But I am not that fond of the idea of clans replacing eachother midseason, as it kind of ruins the season/division based structure of a league in my eyes as it messes up the results of the affected divisions.

> if i remembered, latvia and a half of russia, then including the etf2l russians team, are european country :o)
anyway many ppl prefer to forget about it when comes time to choose the server )) main line – teams folding and mixing everywhere right now :(

tenshox

I really dont know where the problem is; i mean i know where it is with your post.
But why the hell didnt the etf2l staff just lock the teams(roster) after the first two weeks a season has started? People should be able to play for a team at least for a complete season.
And if a team folds, there will be no “comeback” allowed, just negate all points with this team involved.
End of story.

F2

Danmark

There was a similar discussion about TLR being replaced by MeMento in this thread. I agree that teams being replaced by other teams mid-season ruins the league format.

Exact

guyz if we were played with our old team :) you were lose with 0.. :D
this is good for your score :) not for our :)

blind

popkõrns

and there we go Exact being a cock. Sorry guys

ShoX

Sir
dp.

[teams can fold not only in Europe, it happens in Russia and Latvia too… everything is unstable now, just look around, Div.1 as example… it’s hard to stay motivated when tf2 receive so little attention from “money bags”.]

What on earth does TF2 receiving no attention from the corps have to do with anything? I play for the love of the game.

maybe you, maybe me, maybe some other people… you must sacrifice something to get something: time, cash for lans and stuff, nerves and such for fame, prizes and money, enjoyment and emotions. this is how esport works (and any other sport). for the most of 18- gamers first place takes fame. when they already known in community, they’ll want more – money for their hard practice. for 18+ people with work and other important RL stuff, money plays lesser role in game motivation, they can enjoy game without any profit from it. even so, motivation isn’t infinite, it’ll void sooner or later… so you really can’t blame anyone for folding teams and quiting esports. year+ passed, still no perspectives for tf2 as major esport game = obvious lack of “fresh blood”.

ps: i hope anyone can understand my so-so “inglesh”, lol.

Add A Reply Pages: 1