Forum

i55 spectators

Created 17th August 2015 @ 17:02

Add A Reply Pages: 1

cinder

Hey, everyone. I was considering going to i55 as a spec (cause no team/shitty laptop), but I don’t really know anyone well. All I know is that specs usually just hang out, go to pubs and watch matches. Who is already going as a spec? Are there any spec groups? Is it even worth the money going only as a spec? What does the spec ticket guarentee me? And a little off-topic, where are you guys staying overnights?

lor_is

(ETF2L Donator)
doggo
hi im dog

Last year I went with eepily with a weekend festival ticket. We used it as an opportunity to meet a huge bunch of various Euros that we’d not had a chance to meet up with before, but didn’t feel too attached to the idea of bringing a PC to compete. The weekend festival ticket is the only one that allows you into the LAN halls, I’m pretty sure.

The experience as a spec was good. You’ve got to be able to roam a little, as you won’t have your own seat. For us walking around, meeting nerds, getting a drink, and watching some quality games felt good for the money.

We stayed in a bunch of hotels nearby, but we suffered a lot of moving between them due to a booking error. Was basically bollocks, so we’re camping this year. Otherwise, only heard good things from others that stayed in hotels locally.

Hallow

P.O.P

going as spec this year and did the same at i49 and it was great fun. do it man

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Just a word of warning – spectator ticket DOES NOT let you in the gaming halls. Weekend festival ticket does afaik?

It was an expensive train ticket to Coventry only to find out I couldn’t go inside and say hi to my friends. I emailed Multiplay and it’ll be the same case this year :<

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

I reckon there will be enough people knocking around the TF2 viewing area to make friends there. Just tag onto a crowd when the games end and you’ll find some party.

Outside of that, I used to meet loads of people just at the main bar or kinda anywhere really. It depends how sociable/confident you are in terms of approaching people at the event but everyone there is pretty chilled and there for similar reasons.

Add A Reply Pages: 1