Forum

[BoA] Battle of Amsterdam - new information TBA

Created 23rd January 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 29 Next »

Qun

GoT<3

I’m expecting a really important response from a company regarding BoA this Wednesday. I just don’t have anything to announce at the moment.

kaidus

WiK?

Some general transparency would be nice though. Official announcements would be great, but at the end of the day that’s beyond your control which is fine. However, something reassuring like “Don’t worry, we are held up by X, Y, Z, still got full backing to put on a TF2 event just be patient” would be excellent. Or if that’s not the case “It’s not looking good guys, still a chance but don’t ignore other events just in hope for this cause it could quite likely not happen”.

Literally, there are your two responses. Pick one and stop being such a cock tease.

Last edited by kaidus,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

I am sure, if Qun had something to announce, he would have done so. If it was looking bad, he would have let us known as well. I do not expect him and do not want him to keep us updated with unofficial and unconfirmed news every week that turn out to be false in the end. Take your time until everything is home and dry and then spread the news.
Imo we are lucky that a member of the TF2 community is in a position to host a tournament with prize money for TF2, backed up by a company and sponsors, that is not somewhere near Scotland.

kaidus

WiK?

…There’s quite a difference between transparency and padding everyone’s feelings with a reassuring lullaby. The very fact there iss NOTHING to announce sparks nothing but fear since literally months ago we were told an official announcement/press release was but a few days hence. Here we are almost 2 months on and still nothing, so for his own sake as much as the TF2 community’s if there’s nothing to announce then it’s time for some transparency since it’s exactly those kind of broken promises that cause people’s attention to turn elsewhere.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to call out Qun or shit on anyones parade. I’m just pointing out some facts that pose a very real threat to this event from both Qun’s and the communities perspectives.

Last edited by kaidus,

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

I’ve never wanted to go to a lan more than this one. DON’T RUIN IT FOR ME

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from Swifty

Quoted from Swifty

preparty @ belgiuuum

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from Pynklùùùnningen

[…]

preparty @ belgiuuum

CU there man!

seven

Quoted from Swifty

[…]

CU there man!

Cu there :P

atmo

orgy at pinky’s, i’ll bring the tentacles

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from CanFo

I am sure, if Qun had something to announce, he would have done so. If it was looking bad, he would have let us known as well. I do not expect him and do not want him to keep us updated with unofficial and unconfirmed news every week that turn out to be false in the end. Take your time until everything is home and dry and then spread the news.
Imo we are lucky that a member of the TF2 community is in a position to host a tournament with prize money for TF2, backed up by a company and sponsors, that is not somewhere near Scotland.

You leave Scotland alone!
Kaidus is right though, no ones asking for lies saying everythings amazing when its not. For this thread which was full of life to get no updates in a month and suddenly fall silent the hype and interest starts to get lost and people arrange other things instead, people assume another catmanlan scenario.
Communication is key even if its just “no updates this week but we’re still working on booking a venue/sponsor/date/insert variable here”

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

IPZIE

SUAVE

swifty your always welcome in my flat. we can make a LAN with säm here. counterstrike 3vs3 ONLINE!

xiuxiu

[{ORAL}]

he already said “dates confirmed” so I dont really get why people need another.

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from xiuxiu

he already said “dates confirmed” so I dont really get why people need another.

Re-assurance that things are indeed going ahead, before booking 200-300£ plane tickets?

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from IPZIE

swifty your always welcome in my flat. we can make a LAN with säm here. counterstrike 3vs3 ONLINE!

It’s a date!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 29 Next »