Forum

[HUD edit] broeselhud_blue

Created 30th October 2013 @ 18:03

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

feeling

CPLAY
Prob'ly

176 days ago

I don’t work on this anymore, for now at least. Thanks for all your support, the positive feedback and feature ideas I received kept my motivation up.

Download link: [Link]
Put the folders (materials/resource/scripts) in tf/custom/xxx/

Screenshots
[Link]
[Link]

FAQ
1) I don’t like/use broeselhud_blue but can you help me with something?
No. Feel free to download the HUD and search/copy what you need (as long as it’s for personal use).

2) How do I change colours or remove the buffed HP/low ammo shadow?
Go into resource/clientscheme. The first 3 numbers represent red, green, blue. The 4th number is opacity, don’t change it.

3) How do I switch to numerical HP?
Go into resource/ui/, rename or delete hudplayerhealth and huddamageaccount, then remove _numeric from hudplayerhealth_numeric and huddamageaccount_numeric.

4) How do I fix my HP cross not being centered inside the background cross?
This happens on some resolutions. Go into resource/ui/hudplayerhealth and follow the instructions you’ll find under PlayerStatusHealthImage and PlayerStatusHealthBonusImage.

5) Why is the ping column cut off in the scoreboard?
This means you use a resolution lower than 1440×900. Go into resource/ui/scoreboard and follow the instruction at the top. Note: If I fixed it for all resolutions, there would be dead space in the scoreboard when using high resolutions. Since most people use high resolutions anyway, this is the most reasonable solution I can provide.

6) How do I switch to the oldschool surface font with unproportional numerals?
Download this file: [Link] and extract the folder to tf/custom/xxx. I don’t recommend this because the HUD is optimised for the proportional surface font.

7) How do I make the HUD crosshair flash red on hit?
Go into scripts/hudanimations_tf, search for “DamagedPlayer” and follow the instructions you’ll find there.

8) How do I enable the transparent HP cross?
Go into resource/ui/hudplayerhealth and follow the instruction you’ll find under PlayerStatusHealthImageBG.

9) How do I switch to the oldschool HP cross TargetID?
Go into resource/ui/, rename or delete targetid and spectatorguihealth, then remove _oldschool from targetid_oldschool and spectatorguihealth_oldschool. If the TargetID HP cross isn’t centered inside the background cross (happens on some resolutions), go into resource/ui/spectatorguihealth and follow the instructions you’ll find at the top.

Changelog
* Added 3D avatar support (cl_hud_playerclass_use_playermodel “1″) and adjusted it along with the disguisestatuspanel.
* Added a green shadow to your buffed hp.
* Added ammo icon to TargetID and TargetID_oldschool.
* Added more customizable colors to resource/clientscheme.
* Added explanation for flashing your HUD crosshair red on hit.
* Added “Highest Killstreak” to the winpanel, credit to erkston!
* Added icons for active Soldier banners below the health.
* Added killstreak counter.
* Added LocalPlayerStatsPanel to the MvM scoreboard.
* Added new MvM item effect meters: Medic energy shield and Heavy knockback rage.
* Added server time left display (tf_hud_show_servertimelimit “1″) above the control points.
* Changed the low ammo warning to a red ammo shadow.
* Fixed a few main menu bugs.
* Fixed ping getting cut off in the scoreboard due to the new streaks column.
* Fixed positioning of the marked for death and milk icon when using numerical HP.
* Fixed size and positioning of the Vaccinator icons.
* Fixed the bug that only showed red scout when disguised as spy.
* Fixed “[unknown]” being displayed in the inspect panel.
* Improved default colors: TargetID buffed HP green, TargetID low HP orange, reserve ammo grey, damage numbers white.
* Increased size of the inspect panels.
* Increased textwindowcustomserver size so it works with logs.tf/Sizzling in-game stats.
* Made ammo and numerical HP shadows slightly thicker.
* Made collector’s items red.
* Made heal numbers green.
* Made smaller outlined damage numbers default.
* Made the HP cross non-transparent.
* Moved basechat middle left and reduced basechat tallness/width.
* Moved closed captions display next to the ammunition, edited its font and removed the shaded background. Note: closed captions are not included in the HUD.
* Moved the Chargin’ Targe/Splendid Screen charge meter lower and added a charge label.
* Reduced damage numer fadetime to 1 second.
* Reduced size of the hit indicator.
* Removed custom MvM files. MvM HUD will be default. Re-added and fixed broesel’s currency display though.
* Scream Fortress 2013: Added spellbook.

Last edited by feeling, 3 days ago

T0m

TC

176 days ago

Looks good. Nice job.

Joshi

anomaly!
PF

176 days ago

sick, thanks

Jimmi

[GRäS]
[STPTB]

176 days ago

Awesome :D
good job

Love how easy it was to change the crosshair to wings!

Last edited by Jimmi, 175 days ago

zermu

FAP!

176 days ago

danke

Mukuluku

176 days ago

i know it!
That you are the guy who will update it!

Thanks!!!

zen

LEGO

176 days ago

Is this optimized for 1280×720? Will it work nicely with 1920×1080?

feeling

CPLAY
Prob'ly

176 days ago

Quoted from zen

Is this optimized for 1280×720? Will it work nicely with 1920×1080?

Should work at 1920×1080. If it doesn’t, it’s broesel’s fault :P

Quoted from feeling

* Increased TargetDataLabel’s font size by 1, made its font color cyan.

Had to change this back actually, the label got cut off a bit at higher resolutions. Sorry for the inconvenience. DL link is updated. You just need to replace targetid.res.

Last edited by feeling, 175 days ago

_kayzer_

175 days ago

screenshots?

feeling

CPLAY
Prob'ly

175 days ago

Quoted from _kayzer_

screenshots?

[Link] Plus the stuff I added/changed. It’s all quite self-explanatory :)

Also, my “target group” is broeselhud enthusiasts: people who already know they like broeselhud but want an updated version without much hassle.

Edit: Added one screenshot to the main post now.

HusKy

<(")
f.

175 days ago

_kayzer_

175 days ago

Quoted from feeling

[...]
[Link] Plus the stuff I added/changed. It’s all quite self-explanatory :)

Also, my “target group” is broeselhud enthusiasts: people who already know they like broeselhud but want an updated version without much hassle.

I know broesel HUD well enough, and I know its self-explanatory, but 1 screenshot won’t hurt any bit and its polite and self-mandatory, but its ok.

Congrats for the job done with one of the most used HUD’s in the game

Selek

addict!
Nein

175 days ago

Awesome, thank you very much for updating broesel’s legacy!

I re-enabled the team colour border. The black outline of the health cross is off on the right side, how can I fix it? And how can I make it semi-transparent again?
[Link]

I also tweaked the the 3D player model to make distinguishing the Medic’s heal gun via disguising as Spy easier, if anyone is interested: [Link]

feeling

CPLAY
Prob'ly

175 days ago

Quoted from Selek

Awesome, thank you very much for updating broesel’s legacy!

I re-enabled the team colour border. The black outline of the health cross is off on the right side, how can I fix it? And how can I make it semi-transparent again?
[Link]

I also tweaked the the 3D player model to make distinguishing the Medic’s heal gun via disguising as Spy easier, if anyone is interested: [Link]

The misplaced cross is resolution-dependent. Fixed it for high resolutions now and added an instruction for lower resolutions in hudplayerhealth.res. Also added instruction to enable transparent health cross in hudplayerhealth.res. DL link updated.

There’s no reason not to, so I put your 3D avatar tweak in :)

Sjukel

175 days ago

Thanks for updating the broeselhud!

Last edited by Sjukel, 175 days ago

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »