Forum

[HUD edit] broeselhud_blue

Created 30th October 2013 @ 18:03

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

feeling

CPLAY
Prob'ly

268 days ago

Hey, I’m sure you’ve heard of broeselhud, a very popular custom TF2 HUD among competitive as well as public players. Unfortunately broesel hasn’t really been maintaining his HUD. Since I’m a huge broeselhud enthusiast, I decided to do something about that and began developing broeselhud_blue. Starting in Fall 2013 I’ve been updating every little detail that I could find in a timely manner. Also I’ve improved the HUD by adding or changing certain features. I hope you enjoy it.

Please don’t add me on Steam. Feel free to post questions or feedback in the thread.
Shoutout/thanks to Benroads, rays and Goat.

Download link: [Link]
Put the folders (materials/resource/scripts) in tf/custom/xxx/

Changelog: [Link]

Screenshots
[Link] – general overview, health cross
[Link] – general overview, numerical HP
[Link] – damage numbers
[Link] – 12v12 scoreboard
[Link] – 6v6 scoreboard
[Link] – Medic HUD
[Link] – Vaccinator
[Link] – item effect meters
[Link] – taunt selection menu
[Link] – Eureka effect menu
[Link] – backpack view
[Link] – main menu

FAQ
1) I don’t like/use broeselhud_blue but can you help me with something?
No. Feel free to download the HUD and search/copy what you need (as long as it’s for personal use).

2) How do I change colours or remove the low ammo shadow?
Go into resource/clientscheme. The first 3 numbers represent red, green, blue. RGB codes can be found here for example: [Link] The 4th number is opacity, don’t change it.

3) How do I switch between 6v6 and 12v12 scoreboard?
Toggle cl_hud_minmode in console or press the scoreboard button that appears in the main menu when you are on a server: [Link]

4) How do I switch to numerical HP?
Go into resource/ui/, rename or delete hudplayerhealth, then remove _numeric from hudplayerhealth_numeric.

5) How do I switch to the regular TargetID?
Go into resource/ui/, rename or delete spectatorguihealth, targetid, disguisestatuspanel, and healthiconpanel, then remove _regular from spectatorguihealth_regular, targetid_regular, disguisestatuspanel_regular, and healthiconpanel_regular.

6) Why is the ping column cut off in the scoreboard?
This means you use a resolution lower than 1440×900. Go into resource/ui/scoreboard and follow the instruction at the top. Note: If I fixed it for all resolutions, there would be dead space in the scoreboard when using high resolutions. Since most people use high resolutions anyway, this is the most reasonable solution I can provide.

7) Why is the tournament spectator panel cut off/not centered?
The reason is your aspect ratio. Rename or delete resource/ui/spectatortournament, then remove _4x3/_5x4/_16x9 (your aspect ratio) from the corresponding spectatortournament file.

8) How do I fix my HP cross not being centered inside the background cross?
This happens on some resolutions. Go into resource/ui/hudplayerhealth and follow the instructions you’ll find under PlayerStatusHealthImage and PlayerStatusHealthBonusImage.

9) How do I enable the transparent HP cross?
Go into resource/ui/hudplayerhealth and follow the instruction you’ll find under PlayerStatusHealthImageBG.

10) How do I get the default main menu?
Delete resource/gamemenu and resource/ui/mainmenuoverride.

11) How do I switch to the oldschool surface font with unproportional numerals?
Download this alternative broeselhud_blue version: [Link] and extract the folders to tf/custom/xxx. I don’t recommend this because the HUD is optimised for the proportional surface font.

12) How do I use HUD crosshairs?
Open scripts/hudlayout, choose a crosshair, set visible to 1. You can change the size to any value between 10 and 50 via the “size: xx, outline: on/off” option. To change the color, edit fgcolor as explained in FAQ #2. If the crosshair is not centered, change xpos/ypos or wide/tall and hud_reloadscheme until it is.

13) How do I make the HUD crosshair flash red on hit?
Go into scripts/hudanimations_tf, search for “DamagedPlayer” and follow the instructions you’ll find there.

Last edited by feeling, 2 days ago

T0m

268 days ago

Looks good. Nice job.

Joshi

Gamsjaga
PF

268 days ago

sick, thanks

Jimmi

[GRäS]
[STPTB]

268 days ago

Awesome :D
good job

Love how easy it was to change the crosshair to wings!

Last edited by Jimmi, 267 days ago

zermu

FAP!

268 days ago

danke

Mukuluku

268 days ago

i know it!
That you are the guy who will update it!

Thanks!!!

zen

LEGO
c-men

268 days ago

Is this optimized for 1280×720? Will it work nicely with 1920×1080?

feeling

CPLAY
Prob'ly

268 days ago

Quoted from zen

Is this optimized for 1280×720? Will it work nicely with 1920×1080?

Should work at 1920×1080. If it doesn’t, it’s broesel’s fault :P

Quoted from feeling

* Increased TargetDataLabel’s font size by 1, made its font color cyan.

Had to change this back actually, the label got cut off a bit at higher resolutions. Sorry for the inconvenience. DL link is updated. You just need to replace targetid.res.

Last edited by feeling, 268 days ago

_kayzer_

20$yl
stb:/

268 days ago

screenshots?

feeling

CPLAY
Prob'ly

268 days ago

Quoted from _kayzer_

screenshots?

[Link] Plus the stuff I added/changed. It’s all quite self-explanatory :)

Also, my “target group” is broeselhud enthusiasts: people who already know they like broeselhud but want an updated version without much hassle.

Edit: Added one screenshot to the main post now.

Last edited by feeling, 268 days ago

HusKy

<(")
f.

268 days ago

_kayzer_

20$yl
stb:/

268 days ago

Quoted from feeling

[...]
[Link] Plus the stuff I added/changed. It’s all quite self-explanatory :)

Also, my “target group” is broeselhud enthusiasts: people who already know they like broeselhud but want an updated version without much hassle.

I know broesel HUD well enough, and I know its self-explanatory, but 1 screenshot won’t hurt any bit and its polite and self-mandatory, but its ok.

Congrats for the job done with one of the most used HUD’s in the game

Selek

addict!
Nein

267 days ago

Awesome, thank you very much for updating broesel’s legacy!

I re-enabled the team colour border. The black outline of the health cross is off on the right side, how can I fix it? And how can I make it semi-transparent again?
[Link]

I also tweaked the the 3D player model to make distinguishing the Medic’s heal gun via disguising as Spy easier, if anyone is interested: [Link]

feeling

CPLAY
Prob'ly

267 days ago

Quoted from Selek

Awesome, thank you very much for updating broesel’s legacy!

I re-enabled the team colour border. The black outline of the health cross is off on the right side, how can I fix it? And how can I make it semi-transparent again?
[Link]

I also tweaked the the 3D player model to make distinguishing the Medic’s heal gun via disguising as Spy easier, if anyone is interested: [Link]

The misplaced cross is resolution-dependent. Fixed it for high resolutions now and added an instruction for lower resolutions in hudplayerhealth.res. Also added instruction to enable transparent health cross in hudplayerhealth.res. DL link updated.

There’s no reason not to, so I put your 3D avatar tweak in :)

Last edited by feeling, 267 days ago

Sjukel

267 days ago

Thanks for updating the broeselhud!

Last edited by Sjukel, 267 days ago

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »